Im Zoie, Robin's daughter

Help teenagers who may have lost friends or famil members to suicide, in the hopes that they can find a safe place to discuss and share with each other.

Im Zoie, Robin's daughter

Postby Robin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:12 pm

My name is Zoie,robin's daughter and I lost my dad August 14,2012 and it seems like since then I've been so mad all the time.Is there anyone there that can relate to me?Me and my dad were like best friends since I could talk and I'm thirteen now,so if there is someone that lost a best friend or parent or anyone and are suffering from anger,please reply!
Robin

Re: Im Zoie, Robin's daughter

Postby psyquestor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 pm

(((Zoie))) I'm very sorry that you've lost your Dad and that you and your Mom have been through so much. Anger is one of the 5 stages of grief and it's completely normal to have feelings of anger. As you work through these feelings, you will eventually be able to leave them behind and move on to other stages of grief. It takes a lot of time to start to feel any better. Your counselor and Mom can help you with that too Zoie. Posting here might help too. There are others here who will understand.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby psyquestor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:05 pm

PS I was looking in the coping section here and I see there are some very good suggestions on how to deal with your anger. Do you have ways that you can express your hurt and anger that help you? Like talking to someone who cares, or writing in a journal? What helps you Zoie?

Sometimes I write letters to my son, and though he will never read them, they help me to get my feelings out.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby insearchofpeace » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:41 pm

x
Last edited by insearchofpeace on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim" ~Ovid
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby cali » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi Zoie, I lost my son to suicide, he was 24 years old and I loved him more than I ever thought I could love anyone. He taught me how big love can be. It sounds like your dad did that for you too. I guess I want to say something that has been said here and elsewhere many times: That how a person dies, even if it is from suicide, does not define their life. It is not how they lived, only how they died and people are so much more than that one day of death. It does not define them. That day is big and dramatic and traumatic but it was only one day out of thousands lived in other ways.

I am so sorry for what you went through with your parents. What you and your mother have gone through is a huge trauma. Something as big as this will seem like it does define you, and it will for a while. But with time and work it does not have to define you for all time. It is a piece of your experience, a hard one to make "fit," and it's going to take a lot of attention to find out how to do that. And it sucks that you have to. I'm sorry for the language but I don't know how else to clearly say it. It sucks for all of us that we can't say no to this experience. It happened, and we can't change that. We would all give anything to change it, to go back in time and find the magic solution, and have the people we love back and not experience the horror of their death, but we just can't.

Insearchofpeace spoke very well about being an angry young woman. I experienced big trauma in my childhood too, and I was also very, very angry. I think it's very healthy to be talking about it.

I want to recommend a website for survivors to you, because I think it has a lot of resources: www.theallianceofhope.org. It has a blog, a forum similar to this one and a huge booklist, as well as a facebook page. I think you might find some helpful resources if you explore around the site a bit.

A big hug for you and your Mom. I am very sorry that you lost your Dad, and that you and your mom got hurt.
cali
cali
Supporting

Postby lainie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Dear Zoie..my heart reaches out to you..I am so sorry you lost your Dad and that your mom got hurt and the trauma you have suffered..I am sure that your Dad loved you both very much and that he was so sick he had no rational thoughts.
I lost my son and he became so I'll with depression..he couldn't get well he thought..and he was a doctor..he saved lives but couldn't save his own...I am glad you and your mom are having counseling and talking...keep talking Zoie..best thing you can do..helped me so much..you are not alone..we are all here for you..you and your mom take care of each other..
Sending you hugs,

Lanie
lainie
Regular

Postby lainie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Dear Zoie..my heart reaches out to you..I am so sorry you lost your Dad and that your mom got hurt and the trauma you have suffered..I am sure that your Dad loved you both very much and that he was so sick he had no rational thoughts.
I lost my son and he became so I'll with depression..he couldn't get well he thought..and he was a doctor..he saved lives but couldn't save his own...I am glad you and your mom are having counseling and talking...keep talking Zoie..best thing you can do..helped me so much..you are not alone..we are all here for you..you and your mom take care of each other..
Sending you hugs,

Lanie
lainie
Regular

Return to Teenagers Remembering