My little sister Stepho-Mepho

Help teenagers who may have lost friends or famil members to suicide, in the hopes that they can find a safe place to discuss and share with each other.

My little sister Stepho-Mepho

Postby yourthal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:10 am

My younger sister Stephanie commit sucide a little over a year ago, when she was 15. I am 19 and find it very hard to keep going on without her. I have a lot of questions for anyone who is willing to help. I want to find someone who has a story similar to mine. I just want to know that my feelings are not in the wrong place. I don't know how I'm suppose to act or feel, even a year and almost 1 month later.
yourthal

Re: My little sister Stepho-Mepho

Postby Tootle » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:48 am

Dear Thaly, I'm so sorry you lost your little sister. I lost my big brother. Although our stories may not be similar, I'm sure we share a lot of the similar feelings of loss, abandonment, sadness, anger, regret...the list goes on. It has been a year and seven months since my brother left and although the feelings ease a bit with time, they can come back, fresh as ever and take me down. I have no other siblings and I feel like he took our childhood with him, I have no one to share our funny stories with who understands. No one wants to talk about Rob, it sometimes feels like everyone just wants to forget.
I hope you can write more about Stephanie, some nice memories, your feelings about her..
Take care ((((hugs))))
In memory of my big brother Rob, my hero and best friend.

To forget time. To forgive life. To be at peace.
Tootle
Active

Postby yourthal » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

tootle,
it was something like what you just wrote why i decided to do this. Its like you took the words staright out of my mouth. How you explain about your childhood being taken away with him. And how you have jokes to tell that others just wont get. And sometimes just stories that you tell and theres no one to back you up on.. Its something really hard to ajust to..
Its been one year and one month today. It has been easier to just ignore my feelings but i dont want to forget her. How am i suppose to keep living if i am incomplete?
yourthal

Postby Tootle » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:33 am

You keep living, even tho your incomplete....I'm incomplete too. Your sister would have wanted you to keep going. It's easy for a while to ignore your feelings, but they somehow find a way of getting in the way of moving forward and living life. I hate living without my brother, it sucks everyday, I miss him so much it makes me sick! I'm still so angry at the people who made his life unlivable for him, I don't know how to deal with that... Freaking out on them won't fix anything or bring him back, and I can't believe I am just supposed to just accept the way it is..makes me mad! I keep thinking there has got to be something good at the end of all of this, something good to balance out all the bad....
In memory of my big brother Rob, my hero and best friend.

To forget time. To forgive life. To be at peace.
Tootle
Active

Return to Teenagers Remembering