Need to know

An area especially for those who are newly bereaved by suicide. If you feel alone or need extra help, please let us know.

Need to know

Postby cap1022 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:51 am

My 37 year old son hung himself less than a month ago (08/04/2016). I am still trying to understand exactly why. He did it in such a manner that leaves so many questions. I have almost all of his stuff, he kept a journal and I know things now that I wish I knew then. But it just makes me want to know what he was doing, and thinking on that day. I don't know right now that I am ever going to get past this. No matter what, I can't bring him back. Reading some of the other parents that are going through this has helped, and I thank those of you that have shared their stories. It seems people are already getting tired of me talking about it, but I can't help it, it just keeps going through my head, WHY?
cap1022
Visitor

Re: Need to know

Postby cali » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:57 am

I'm so sorry you lost your son to suicide. It doesn't make sense that people would be so insensitive so early on, but I've read it here before. Can you find an SOS group in your area, or a therapist you might be able to talk to? The early days are so hard, it's good if you can find some support...
It seems there are so many reasons that people die of suicide, but I feel that ultimately they are unable to see any other course of action, and we are left with our hearts broken.
Please take good care of yourself, in the early days, your whole system goes into shock, it's important to rest, sleep when you can, and drink plenty of water.
This forum was a godsend to me 6 years ago, but it has not been so active lately. It's good that it's here to read, but you might also check out the forum on the Alliance of Hope, which is much more active. I know everything is very difficult now, and it may get harder for a while, as the shock wears off, but it will ease with time. Please know that you are not alone.
cali
Supporting

Return to Newly Bereaved