Songs and poems

An area especially for those who are newly bereaved by suicide. If you feel alone or need extra help, please let us know.

Songs and poems

Postby Eriksmom » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:24 pm

I'm new to this site but wanted to share a song that helps me. My son Erik shot himself Nov. 20, 2015. This was totally unexpected! I knew he had been suffering, he was on long term disability since mid-Jan. He wouldn't talk to me about his problem(s), he said he needed to deal with them and that he was dealing with them. He was 24 years old. He was going to his doctor, a psychiatrist and a counselor and had tried many different medicines, some for anxiety and some for depression but had stopped taking them when he felt no improvement in his symptoms. (I know this from his medical records which I obtained). I also found out he had suicidal thoughts since Jan. but his doctor didn't tell me because he was an adult.
He had been an exercise fanatic before he started on disability but stopped exercises a little bit before he stopped working.
He started working again Nov. 11 and also started exercising again. I thought he was getting back to the person he was, that he had worked thru his problems and all was on the upswing! Then Friday nov. 20 instead of getting ready for work he sat on his bed and shot himself. I will probably never understand why A friend of his posted this song on his Facebook page and it truly touched my heart. I hope you all will google it because I don't know how to put a link to it here (Erik was my computer whiz).
The name of the song: Dancing In The Sky by Dani and Lizzie
There are a lot of other people singing it on YouTube but the original is my favorite!
I would be interested in hearing about songs and poems that have helped any one else
God bless and send comfort to all of us. Eriksmom
Eriksmom
Visitor

Return to Newly Bereaved