My 19 yr old daughter is missing, but had planned

An area especially for those who are newly bereaved by suicide. If you feel alone or need extra help, please let us know.

My 19 yr old daughter is missing, but had planned

Postby ribrit » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 pm

My 19 yr old daughter, who I always loved so much, had bipolar disorder and personality disorder. She was officially diagnosed with bipolar disorder. But as an adult, her therapist said she had a personality disorder. In the end, it was concluded by her doctors she likely had anti-social personality disorder.

Seven and a half months ago, she took off. We have not seen her since. Originally, she moved in with a relative we had no contact with. We had no contact with that relative because she was a drug user and violent and volatile. My daughter was there for a period of time and got herself in to trouble. Now, since June, no one has seen her or heard from her. My husband and I do not think she is with us anymore.

I am devastated. When she left, my husband said we would never see her alive again as she had been suicidal. The last contact we had where we knew she was alive, or at least think she was alive (the police found her, but I do not know if they checked for ID or such) was in March. We got emails from her in May and June, but they did not sound a ton like her. My husband doubts those emails came from her. I just don't know. I did try to ask a question that would definitely show they were her, but the person emailing did not answer. Then that is it. All done. Never heard anything since. I have searched the web. I checked with police departments. No contact with her. We also got told that because she is over 18 yrs old, unless she asks them to contact us, they actually legally cannot tell us anything. Her records are private.

I know I don't exactly fit on this board. But, I have no where else to go and this board sits my issue the closest. I am devastated.
ribrit
Visitor

Re: My 19 yr old daughter is missing, but had planned

Postby jen9094 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Did you find her? My sister was missing for only 24 hrs before we found her body and I cannot imagine wondering for months. I hope so badly that you found her and she is well.
jen9094
Visitor

Postby Karyl » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:14 am

Ribrit,

It sounds as if this may be a case of an unproven suicide. My heart goes out to you.

I wonder if one of these cold case shows like 48 Hours would investigate. Do the police in your community seem genuinely interested in finding her? What about putting information about her and a photo on FaceBook?
Karyl
Site Admin

Any Word? My 19 yr old daughter is missing, but had planned

Postby Karyl » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:02 pm

Ribrit,

Is there any word on your daughter? Has she been found?
Karyl
Site Admin

Postby ribrit » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:57 pm

Yes, she was found. I felt bad that I had posted on a suicide forum only to find her later. But it did not turn out well. She is going by a different name. She claims to not remember her life basically. She had been staying with someone who is not a good person and that person apparently controls her and has enlightened her on how awful her life was with me. She goes by that person's name now, which is not even legal. Or I guess it is not illegal. She is not using the name in a legal sense. We have exhausted all our avenues to get her help. I feel she is in danger. But, she is an adult and our state has no laws for mental health to force an evaluation. It was left with us leaving copies of some of her medical records with the police local to where she is now so if anything happens, they can have the heads up.

That is it. But based on the stuff she has said, I don't know that I will ever see her again or speak to her. Sadly, it sounds like the person who took her in might have prostituted her and drugged her. My daughter was initially found with a lot of cash on her. But the person she was staying with stayed with her and she refused to leave that persons side. Since she is an adult and there was no hard evidence of a crime, the police let her go. Then later, I let the police know about the history and they tracked her down to speak to her. They did get to spend time alone with her, I assume. They said there is nothing they can do because she is an adult and our state has no laws to do a hold or anything. So that is it.

Also, for the record, she was a clean cut, no drug using, non alcoholic person when she went missing. But she had bipolar disorder.
ribrit
Visitor

Return to Newly Bereaved