Kevin Breel TED Talk: The answer to the question "WHY?"

An area especially for those who are newly bereaved by suicide. If you feel alone or need extra help, please let us know.

Kevin Breel TED Talk: The answer to the question "WHY?"

Postby RD12 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 pm

http://www.kevinbreel.com/#watch-my-tedx-talk - (See my signature at bottom of page for working link.)

Please watch this. Kevin Breel is a 19yr old comic that suffers from depression. He describes what it is like to suffer from depression and how he was suicidal, stood at the edge, looked over, but decided not to take his life. This is a powerful video for depression sufferers that are having a difficult time understanding why they feel the way they do and why they feel suicidal. His testimony is also helpful for people suffering from the intense grief of losing a lived one to suicide because it helps begin to understand the answers to many of their questions.
Last edited by RD12 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RD12
Regular

Re: Kevin Breel TED Talk: The answer to the question "WHY?"

Postby RD12 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Can I get some administrative help to make my link a working URL?
RD12
Regular

Postby psyquestor » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:42 pm

RD, Check your PM inbox. Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I have been away for a few days.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby JenCal848 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:33 am

I saw this video, it was exactly what I am going thru. You see I have been diagnosed with PTSD with Major Depression, and
Bi-Polar. And I just lost my brother Frankie to suicide. And every day feels like a struggle or a battle BUT, it is one that I will not give up without a fight!!!!! My explanation is this, I can easly make (or try to make) everyone else happy. But when it comes to me well that's a different story. It feels like a war in my head. So I could easly understand what my brother was going thru . I also tried to kill myself when I was 17 & 22 and fortunately did not succeed. UNFORTUNATELY my brother did. I wish when I found out that someone was there to comfort me and put there arms around me. Thank You pos and ffos for being there for me.
JenCal848
Visitor

Postby natasha » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:15 am

AWESOME!!!!!
natasha

Postby JohnFromPA » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:14 pm

I wish I had seen this before. My girlfriend would have loved it. And for me, it made me realize that all the talks we had about her depression were valuable and right on. She educated me right in the beginning about how she didn't want to be treated, and I'm proud to say that for the most part, I "got it".

Now the challenge is to make sure more and more people "get it". Only then will we see progress. Excellent video.
JohnFromPA
Visitor

Return to Newly Bereaved