My son Kris

An area especially for those who are newly bereaved by suicide. If you feel alone or need extra help, please let us know.

My son Kris

Postby caron » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:37 am

On the 17th August 2016 I revised a call from my youngest son (Ben) to tell me my eldest son (Kris) had taken his own life.
We are retired and were travelling in our caravan and my eldest son was our house sitter.
We were over 3000 kms from home and drove for 4 days solid to get home.
Kris was 36 years of age, a handsome, gentle, intelligent, shy young man.
His friends tell me he was the kindest person they have ever known. They also tell me he had been depressed and if it wasn't for his girlfriend he may have done this 12 mo ths ago. So why did t any of them tell us about this?
His girlfriend had broken up with him. He was in live with her and said she had given him the ten happiest months of his life. They had been fighting and Kris had attempted to hang himself but the belt broke. She didn't tell anyone about this. If she had told me I would have come home.
He was then successful a week or so later, using an electrical cord, tied to his home gym.
One of his best friends found him.
It is 41 days since Kris died. I am still numb. I'm angry, but I feel so sorry for the girlfriend.
I really don't know what to think or feel and am beside myself one day and then I'm ok. It's lke I'm on a roller coaster.
I keep telling myself he has just gone away
caron
Visitor

Re: My son Kris

Postby Pamela » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. The loss of a loved one to suicide is one of the most challenging journeys one can ever endure. What you're feeling is a part of that journey. I often wish there were magic words or a way to take away the pain. There is truth to the saying that "time heals". The pain may always be there , but time makes it more tolerable. The important thing is to share what your feeling and having a support system. It's been a little over a year for me. I've found that journaling has helped me work through some of those feelings. Be gentle with yourself and don't become discouraged if you take one step forward and two steps back. Sending hugs to you.
Pamela
Visitor

Re: My son Kris

Postby ribrit » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 pm

I am so sorry. He sounds like he was a wonderful person. (((hugs)))
ribrit
Visitor

Return to Newly Bereaved