New Member - Hoping for Your Perspective

Tell us who you are and what brought you here

New Member - Hoping for Your Perspective

Postby mikeanestis » Tue May 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Hello all -

My name is Mike Anestis and I am the Nina Bell Suggs Professor of Psychology and director of the Suicide and Emotion Dysregulation laboratory at the University of Southern Mississippi. Although I am a loss survivor myself, I am writing today in hopes of gaining your perspective for an IRB approved project.

Please know that I understand the sensitivity of this topic and want very much to respect the value and safety of this forum for loss survivors, so if this posting is not consistent with forum values, I apologize and will quickly remove it.

My colleague and I are hoping to collect data from loss survivors through a quick (5-10 minute) anonymous survey that asks a series of questions about characteristics of your loved one and circumstances surrounding his or her death. There is shockingly little information on basic questions like these from the perspective of loss survivors, so we truly believe that this brief bit of your time can make a real difference in helping us better understand these tragedies.

If you are interested in taking the survey, you can reach it at the following link: https://usmep.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9u8HKV4Fpn3Kjzf

If you have questions or concerns about the project, please feel free to contact me at michael.anestis@usm.edu.

We truly value your time and perspective and hope that our work can make a difference in suicide prevention. Thank you.
mikeanestis
Visitor

Return to Introduce Yourself