Hello new here

Tell us who you are and what brought you here

Hello new here

Postby Geodc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Hi all. I will get my laptop out later and read the other introductions. As well I will tell a little about me and why I'm here.
Geodc
Visitor

Re: Hello new here

Postby Geodc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Hello all, My name is George. So a little about me I guess. My older brother took his life in march of 2009. I have still as yet not been able to really cope with it. Sure I get by, I walk away when co-workers bring up the topic now and then. Only a couple know I'm a survivor. My wife at the time was 0 support seeing as she didn't like him, my current wife, well, she feels like its time to for me to get over it. There is rarely a day that goes by where something doesn't strike a nerve. And so I swallow hard and move on with the day. I have no idea what I hope to accomplish here, but my niece is now asking questions, hard ones that I have the answers to. She is 25 now, 18 at the time. I am going to have to be there for her to lean on again as her and I discuss at length her father. I dealt with all the particulars for my parents and sister in law at the time, I had no emotion just did what had to be done. I don't know that I want to rehash all of what I learned then, some is not really what a kid needs to know about their father. I guess she deserves to have some insight but how do you tactfully discuss the short comings of a kids dad to the kid. Sometimes I get so angry that he bailed out leaving me holding the bag so to speak.
I will get more detailed once I get settled in. Feel free to ask any questions you have. I know this is vague but I don't even know if this is the right place to even start to go into detail.
Geodc
Visitor

Return to Introduce Yourself