* SURVEY for Everyone Who Reads & Posts *

Tell us who you are and what brought you here

Re: * SURVEY for Everyone Who Reads & Posts *

Postby Chelsea » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm

1. around nine months.
2. as I type this, my eyes are filled with tears, all of you on the site have been a Godsend to me.
I am alone, have no one to talk to. Words truly cannot express how grateful I am to have found this site,
and to everyone that has helped me.
3. As I go thru the different stages of grief, the different sections are helpful. When I began the
journey, "Newly Bereaved" was one I could relate with. Now "Coping" , but I truly read all of them.
When I first joined I felt so alone, so being able to read other posts from people along the same
path (and still) is very helpful. As sad as it is, somehow it helps that there are others feeling the same
thing and you are not alone.
4. None at all.
5. Everyone has been wonderful. Lanie, Crysti, Blossom, Suzanne, Cmarie, I am sorry for
who I am forgetting, because truly each and every one of you have touched my life. I will add,
and I am embarrassed to admit it, that there was one time I posted that I honestly felt I could
not take it another day and Suzanne posted, and she said she was going to check on my posts.
I will be forever grateful for that particular one, someone cared, it meant so much. I knew someone
was "checking" on me.
6. I think it's all good.
7. All of the moderators are wonderful.
Bella gave me the courage to join. Her story was so similar to mine,
timewise, we were on the same journey. Grant joined shortly after I did.
His pain was so heartfelt because our stories were so similar and we
were/are on the same time path. I also rely immensely on everyone that has
been on this journey longer than me, telling me it will get easier. And my heart
breaks everytime I read a new post in "introductions" So each and everyone
of you has helped.
8. Nothing, just a sincere thank you for allowing me to be me.
Chelsea
Regular

Postby Blossom » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:00 pm

1. About how long have you been reading and/or posting here?

About 1 yr.

2. What do you like best about the Suicide Grief Support Forum?

I said it in a previous post.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=111&start=210

3. Which sections do you believe are the most helpful to you?

Sections mattered at first....but all blurred in together as I became more capable of straddling perspectives by relationships....and I went from 'needing' all the time to needing some of the time and helping some of the time. I especially like that there is room for book recommendations, inspirational quotes etc. I don't look at them a lot but I do dip in...it kind of rounds out this experience.

4. Have you had any problems here with anyone who posts? If so, explain.

Never.

5. Have any of the moderators been helpful to you? If so, explain.

Too many to mention and I'm afraid I'll forget someone if I start listing - all posters and moderators have been helpful....no, helpful is not a strong enough word...I have in my heart, a group of names that are tattooed there...that I will remember in 20 years, because they helped me. I appreciate the compassionate and thoughtful replies to some difficult posts/topics....I have observed that no post goes unanswered.

6. What do you think is missing from the forum? What do you think it needs that it does not have at this time?

Nothing.

Do you address any suicide bereaved therapist type seminars to get the message out that this forum exists so that it can be recommended through professional avenues?

7. If there are any moderators or other posters who have been especially helpful to you, who are they?

I have benefited from all who post. I appreciate how hard it is for some to post...I applaud the bravery of each word, whether it be 3 or 300, often or once.

8. Anything else you want to add to help us help you more effectively:
Keep going, keep going. keep going.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby cali » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 pm

1. About how long have you been reading and/or posting here?

10 months

2. What do you like best about the Suicide Grief Support Forum?

mutual support

3. Which sections do you believe are the most helpful to you?

Fathers and Mothers, Coping, Venting, Newly Bereaved, because I still feel I am. All of them are valuable and helpful

4. Have you had any problems here with anyone who posts? If so, explain.

Never

5. Have any of the moderators been helpful to you? If so, explain.

Everyone is helpful

6. What do you think is missing from the forum? What do you think it needs that it does not have at this time?

I know there are many Friends who don't post. I can't help but imagine that more would post if they felt more included. I would get rid of Friends and Others and make them two separate categories. Just call it Friends. They deserve not to be lumped in with "Others" Put them up near the top, and move Teenagers lower down so they feel less conspicuous. Nit picking tweaking I know, but I think it could make a real difference, especially for Friends.

A good private messaging system. The one here is awful. I have had messages in my outbox for months. This is terrible. If the site cannot provide this service, there must be an anonymous emailing system that could be contracted, such as the ones used for dating services. I don't understand why this is so difficult.

7. If there are any moderators or other posters who have been especially helpful to you, who are they?

Everyone who has posted has been helpful in one way or another.

8. Anything else you want to add to help us help you more effectively:

Just please fix the messaging system, and thank you so much for taking care of this forum. It is a life saver and a Godsend.
cali
Supporting

Postby sulene » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:09 am

im new at this, how do i post??????????? i cant seem to be able to text mesages or post.....
sulene

Postby Suzanne » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:15 pm

I have been posting for approximately one year now, though I lurked off and on for several years prior to that.

Everyone on this site is amazing. I have learned so much about myself and my own journey from each poster and I am amazed sometimes at how different and how the same all the journeys are. I think I am most drawn to Left Alone, Coping and Inspiration right now, but I read much of what is posted in all the Sections. There are surprising and helpful insights throughout.

I am glad that this is a place where we can all be honest about our experiences, sometimes uncomfortably honest. There is no place other than my therapist's office where I can say some of the things I share here.

There is nothing I would change right now. The forum is easy to use. Karyl, this is an invaluable service you provide. It has been so helpful to me as I continue this journey. Thanks to you and the moderators.
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Postby psyquestor » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:13 am

1. About how long have you been reading and/or posting here? Nearly three years (old board / new board)

2. What do you like best about the Suicide Grief Support Forum? Knowing others understand what I'm going through.

3. Which sections do you believe are the most helpful to you? Parents section and coping.

4. Have you had any problems here with anyone who posts? If so, explain. Yes but it was minor and personal. They are no longer here of their own choosing. For a long time she was the top poster in every forum. I did not feel that she was sincere or really even understood my perspective and often she would council me to do this or that; I didn't appreciate being "talked down to" by her. As I said, she isn't here anymore or I would not have posted this in a public forum. I avoided the forums for a long time due to her being here.

5. Have any of the moderators been helpful to you? If so, explain. Karyl has been an inspiration.

6. What do you think is missing from the forum? What do you think it needs that it does not have at this time? Chat room, although I understand why not.

7. If there are any moderators or other posters who have been especially helpful to you, who are they? Crystl has been very supportive and I feel she genuinely cares about others. She is one of the reasons I return here. There was a lady on the old board who really helped me in the beginning. She no longer visits, but I know without her urging me that things would become manageable I would not have made it this far. There are a lot of other Mom's and Dad's who have helped me survive and cope.

8. Anything else you want to add to help us help you more effectively: I wish there was a way to protect our posts, but I understand why this isn't possible. Oftentimes I delete things I wish I could say because I never really know who is reading here. Saying what I really feel sometimes isn't possible. I am grateful however, to have this place of hope and comfort.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby ARDsMother » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:50 pm

1. I've been visiting 20 months

2. Giving and Receiving support

3. all of the sections are great ... this is a well organized site!

4. I've never had a problem with any posts.

5. The moderators are very helpful ... their compassionate and DEPENDABLE.

6. I can't think of anything missing or any way to improve it.

7. Impossible for me single out any ... of course I'm MOST grateful to Karyl.

8. It's comforting to find you when I need you.
♥ I miss you, Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sweetheart, every moment of every day... rest in peaceful slumber ღஜღ
http://www.gratefulness.org "pos" group for Parents of Suicide candles
ARDsMother
Regular

Postby Scripswife » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 pm

1. About how long have you been reading and/or posting here? About 5 months.

2. What do you like best about the Suicide Grief Support Forum? Learning about other people living with this.

3. Which sections do you believe are the most helpful to you? Left Behind, Coping, Venting.

4. Have you had any problems here with anyone who posts? If so, explain. None whatsoever.

5. Have any of the moderators been helpful to you? If so, explain. No specific issues. Anytime I've needed help, it's always come quickly.

6. What do you think is missing from the forum? What do you think it needs that it does not have at this time? I don't think it's missing anything.

7. If there are any moderators or other posters who have been especially helpful to you, who are they? The wives and mothers, many of them.

8. Anything else you want to add to help us help you more effectively: Nothing at this time. Thank you so much for making this place possible.
Till we meet again, I love you, good night.
Scripswife
Regular

Postby cali » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:43 am

I know I already answered the survey, but was just thinking if it were possible to be able to save a reply to a "drafts" place before posting it, that could be nice.
Sometimes I think I need to take a few breaths before I post something.
This is a wonderful site. I truly don't know what I would do with out it. Thank you.
cali
cali
Supporting

Postby bevcolbert » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:35 am

1. Close to 18 months
2. Knowing that other people share this grief with me.
3. Fathers and Mothers
4. No problems with anyone.
5. The moderators have been helpful when needed.
6. I think the forum is fine as is.
7. Other moms and dads have been especially helpful for me.
8. Nothing at this time.
Beverly, mother of Matt (7/3/1986-6/16/2010)
bevcolbert
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself