My Dad's Anniversary/Father's Day

If the person you remember was born or died during the present month, we invite you to place a name here so that others will be able to read the names and remember them with you. Also include the birth and death date, your name, your relationship to them, and a few words telling us about this person.

My Dad's Anniversary/Father's Day

Postby stef » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Hello, My name is Stefanie and this is my first time posting on this forum. I can't believe it took me this long to find the POS-FFOS Community but I'm sure glad I did. It's been incredibly helpful and made me feel better in a month, June, that's been historically tough. My father died by suicide on June 8, 2010 so it's been 6 years now. I still miss him quite a bit and think about him especially around special and painful days. And now Father's Day is around the corner. I lost another "dad" in July 2014, he was a close family friend and treated me as his own, he really took me under his wing when my dad passed, visited me at work and kept an eye on me. I miss that. So now Father's Day I'll focus on my husband and make him feel special. It helps me to focus on others and staying busy. I still have my tearful times, sure but a lot less frequently than that first year. I wouldn't wish that first year on anyone. Thank you for listening, nice to talk to others who are going through the same things, feeling the same emotions ect.

Love/Peace,

Stefanie
Missing Bill Griffin aka Dad, "I love you one hundred ten million infinity!"
stef
Visitor

Return to * This Month *