My Uncle. My friend.

If the person you remember was born or died during the present month, we invite you to place a name here so that others will be able to read the names and remember them with you. Also include the birth and death date, your name, your relationship to them, and a few words telling us about this person.

My Uncle. My friend.

Postby Crisa87au » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:20 am

My amazing Uncle Johnny. Born 22nd Nov (unsure of year) & finally free of pain 19th June 2014.

Oh my goddess he was the best. He had the sickest yet best sense of humour & a bellowing, unforgettable laugh. He had this set of fake rotten teeth that he loved to wear whenever we would get photos together. My Aunty was in on it everytime & would always take 3 photos. A nice one, one with the teeth in & one capturing my reaction to seeing that he had the teeth in. He cried with laughter every time he did & even though I lost interest in the joke side of it, I would end up in tears too, just from his infectious laugh.

My Uncle. My friend. I miss you every day & the pain is still there. But I'm slowly learning to smile at the memories. I love you to the moon and back and all the stars in the sky xx
Crisa87au
Visitor

Re: My Uncle. My friend.

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Crisa,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful uncle with us, he sounds like a wonderful guy! I think of my uncle a lot still as well. Keep trying to remember those precious times with him. It takes time and is not easy but by facing the memories you can work through the hurt to find what he would want you to have. Sometimes we can change how we feel about a memory by thinking of something else when it hits us. Like a sad memory, try to think of something that made you happy. Or a distressing memory, think of something that gave you peace (or write out a letter to your uncle telling him about your beautiful cousin, whom you could share the letter with some day). Continue to love those who were in his life. We can share this burden we all feel.

Wishing you peace,
Jason
July 1986 - Oct 2011. Whispering nightly. "Rebecca, I love you. I forgive you. I miss you. I will hold you again."
Jason

Re: My Uncle. My friend.

Postby Crisa87au » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:48 am

Thank you so much for your reply Jason. I really appreciate your words.
Crisa87au
Visitor

Return to * This Month *