This sucks

If the person you remember was born or died during the present month, we invite you to place a name here so that others will be able to read the names and remember them with you. Also include the birth and death date, your name, your relationship to them, and a few words telling us about this person.

This sucks

Postby Lisag » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Today is my mother's birthday. She shot herself 10 years ago this August. It's still feels like a kick to my heart when I think, say, or write those awful words. How do you say "Happy Birthday" to some one who was never happy and didn't want to celebrate any more birthdays? I'm tired of making donations to a suicide prevention foundations in her memory instead of sending a gift. I'm tired of being the daughter of a suicide and all the heartache it has caused me. I no longer speak to my father or sister because of my mother's suicide (my father was complicit and my sister is bi-polar), and it hurts, but it hurts more to maintain emotionally toxic relationships with either of them. No, I am not suicidal and this is not a plea for help. I'm just tired of the emotional scar and I know it will never heal.
Lisag

Re: This sucks

Postby Karyl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Lisa,

Sending you hugs. Losing a mother to suicide has got to be one of the most difficult challenges anyone could ever have to face.

Donations in memory of your mother to suicide prevention organizations is good, but are there other ways you could honor your mother's life? Maybe doing special things for yourself that you think your mother might have done if she had stayed? Or getting special things to celebrate your own life, since you are part of her?

Do you have photos of your mom? Do you have any good memories?
Karyl
Site Admin

Return to * This Month *