Lost Mom 10/10/14

If the person you remember was born or died during the present month, we invite you to place a name here so that others will be able to read the names and remember them with you. Also include the birth and death date, your name, your relationship to them, and a few words telling us about this person.

Lost Mom 10/10/14

Postby Maggie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:53 pm

Just lost my mom. She took her own life October 10 at only 57. She also has a son, and 4 grandchildren. I have 2 daughters that she would watch while my husband and I were at work. The oldest is 11 and the youngest is 3. I found her Friday with my 3 year old. It's almost like I am the void of emotion. The only way I start to cry is when I think of what the last few hours must have been like for her, or I think about my kids and their sadness. It's almost like I can even think about my emotions yet. Has anyone experienced this, and if so when might I move pass this point? I loved my mom and I do miss her, but my head can't let me know that it actually happened.
Maggie
Visitor

Re: Lost Mom 10/10/14

Postby cali » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Maggie, I'm very sorry for the loss of your precious mother. I think we have all experienced the numbness that you speak of. In the early days of loss and by early I mean months, your mind, body, and emotions are still trying to process the shock of what you have experienced. When the emotions do come, it can be very intense. For many of us around 3 or 4 months was when this happened. Please remember to drink a lot of water, and rest when you can, and make sure your kids do too. The water helps flush the shock from the system and keep you on a more even keel- I know it doesn't feel like it now, but eventually your feelings will return, and a likely a long while after that, they will ease. Just know that you are not alone.
cali
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:00 am

Maggie - I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that you may find some moments to yourself and some moments with others, to express your loss and to be held in arms, company, regard. Hold on, it' s a day a by day experience, but I want you to know that you will survive. Please read and write as you desire - call out for help if you need. My thoughts are with you.

cali - your words are like a hug. x
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby Maggie » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:55 pm

Thanks for your words of advice. My mom was the person I would call if I had problems. Now she is gone and it's amazing how words of strangers can help tremendously. This is so unlike any kind of loss then I have ever experienced. Family members at her service said to me that you are holding up better than I would, but they don't understand that I can't really feel normally right now. Hopefully the days will pass and I can take this one small step at a time. I just hope that everyone will be understanding. I am sure they will be. I just hope the friend and family support is not gone when I finlly get to the point were I need to cry with them.
Maggie
Visitor

Return to * This Month *