Misery cafe

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Re: Misery cafe

Postby randosmom » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:59 pm

2 friends died the same day that my son passed. Another friend died in a motorcycle accident 1 month later. My uncle has cancer & will probably not make it thru the year. My aunt had a stroke & it left her blind in 1 eye. My cousin has breast cancer. Another cousin fell at work & had 6 large bolts put in her hip. She's 55 & will walk with a cane from now on. My Mom has had 2 TIAs (mini strokes) in the last 3 months, 4 total this year. She was diagnosed with wet macular eye degeneration in January. A friend had back surgery in March; last month had a heart attack & an emergency triple bi-pass & she's in her 50's. A co-worker's dad had a heat stroke yesterday & is in ICU he's only 62.

My father-in-law died & a week later my Yorkie died. I couldn't tell my family & grieve for my dog that had been by my side for 17yrs because it was just too petty in the grand scheme of things.

My husband lost his job this past Friday. No unemployment, no severance pay. Just a "thank you for a job well done, but hey we're moving the position to New Jersey". Not only did he love that job, but I'm pretty sure it's been the main thing holding him together for the past 3 months. I struggle every day to make it to my job. Even tho everyone here has been very understanding, I am afraid that they will say enough is enough way before I'm a fraction back to being the employee I once was.

I too miss the happier me, but in reality it's seems that person has only been able to come out & play for very limited times in my life.
randosmom

Re: Misery cafe

Postby Crystl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm

randosmom wrote:I too miss the happier me, but in reality it's seems that person has only been able to come out & play for very limited times in my life.

Ditto!!

*group hug*
Crystl
Supporting

Previous

Return to The Corner Cafe