Where's everyone from?

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Re: Where's everyone from?

Postby jillslay8 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 am

Hi, I am Jill 47 years old, lost my only younger brother Ken, on march 8th,2012, overdose of pills, it was his 2nd and final try.
Ken,I miss you so much it hurts. I hope you found what you wanted. All we found is pain.
jillslay8
Regular

Postby infixum » Wed May 23, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm 50 and I live in Tucson, Arizona. I was living in Las Cruces, New Mexico, but I hope to sell my home there so that I can focus full time on the one in Tucson.

I work in the mining industry (copper). The mine I work on is in the Congo. I'm hoping to get on a rotation where I go there for a month and a half at a time and come home for two or three weeks to the States in between. I've been once and will go for a month here in a couple weeks.
infixum
Visitor

Postby randosmom » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:23 pm

I am Robbie & live in Houston, TX. I will be 60 in August. I lost my only son, Randy, on February 23, 2012 when he shot himself in the home of his girlfriend. He would have turned 38 next month. He was bi-polar, depressed & self medicated with alcohol & pot. My nephew committed suicide with heroin, tylenol pm, etc. while my son lived with him & Randy had promised he would never put me thru this pain. I was certain he must have taken some stronger drug(s) for him to break that promise; I was very surprised when the tox came back without any.

My mother (80) has suffered several minor strokes this year & last, has other major medical problems & lives in an assisted living facility. I have not seen her since Christmas. We have not told her of my son's passing & I am afraid that I will let it slip & put her over the top when I see her face to face.

I have been working on an extensive family tree/history book for the last 3 years because Randy was so interested & wanted to have more than just half forgotten stories to pass along when he had children. I no longer have a reason to work on it, as I will never have any grandchildren.

I hate that we have this awful thing in common, but wish you all peace.

Robbie
randosmom

Postby heather223 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:15 pm

I am from california i am 20 and I have not lost anyone to depression or anything even though my best friend has been on the brink of it for many years. I want each and every one of you to heal and to get to a point where you do not hurt anymore if you need to talk I am here. <edit out email address>
-everyone is unique and deserves a chance-
Last edited by psyquestor on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email addresses are not allowed in posts. Please send via PM if so desired.
heather223
Visitor

Postby jillslay8 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 am

Hi, I am Jill I live in Las Vegas I am 47 years old and lost my younger brother Ken in march of this year and he took a overdose of pill it was his 2nd and final time. I am sad hurt and all messed up and his b-day is this month on the 30th the 1st one he will not be here for and i am pissed off....o well
Ken,I miss you so much it hurts. I hope you found what you wanted. All we found is pain.
jillslay8
Regular

Postby ktfahel » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:59 am

My name is Karen; I'm 48 years old. I've been married for 28 years and have two beautiful daughters, ages 8 and 10. I'm from the New England area of the US. I have worked in the administrative field (secretary, admin. asst., receptionist) since 1986; I've been at my current position - admin. asst. to a financial advisor - for 5 years. I also have 6 surviving siblings, 21 nieces & nephews (6 of them are step-, but we count 'em), and 8 grand-nieces & nephews...with one on the way.
ktfahel

Postby Berna » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi I'm B,
I live in Dallas, Texas , I lost my son August 12, 2013, he was 23. He is survived by one sister age 11, I struggle with my pain every day, but put on my happy face not to depress others. Does anyone feel that continuing to post on here sometimes makes it worse because you relive it again? I can read positive and self help books, feel good...then get on here I can,t sleep and my mind wanders all day, what do you think everyone?
Berna

Postby Hawk » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Eric i'm from Western Washington. Still reeling from the loss of my mom 2 months ago she hung herself. I am glad I found this group. Aside from a few milliseconds of peace here and there this is one of a handful of things in my life that helps.

She left behind 3 children 2 grandchildren and her 3 brothers and parents

1 my sister age 28
2 me age 23
3 my brother age 12
“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”
Hawk

Postby angela092402 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:30 am

I am Angela, 33 years old and live in VA, USA.
angela092402
Visitor

Previous

Return to The Corner Cafe