Where's everyone from?

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Re: Where's everyone from?

Postby MotherofGabriel » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi,
My name is Connie, 62, and live in Florida. My son, Gabriel, 26, who lived in NYC, committed suicide Jan. 17, 2011. I have attended Hospice group for suicide survivors, am a member of a monthly support group at Hospice, am a member of a church small group, sing in the church choir, and work full-time. I have a daughter, 20, who is on the honor roll in college. I've always considered myself just an ordinary person, raising two children alone, and doing the best I could for them.
Now, a "suicide survivor" label has been added, and I must keep it until the end of my natural life. I located this forum through the Faces of Suicide home page. My heart aches each day as I work through this process that is now a part of my life. I feel the pain of others, whom I will never meet, just by reading the postings.
Peace and love to all,
Connie
Until I see you in Heaven, my beautiful boy. I will always love you, Mom.
MotherofGabriel
Regular

Postby Janaroux » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:02 pm

I am from Florida and I'm 58 years old. My brother, 51, ended his life last week. Still doesn't seem real. I wish it wasn't real.
Janaroux

Postby tamh1234 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:14 am

I'm Theresa from deep south Texas but originally from Iowa. I'm 55 but will be 56 in Sept. I lost my brother, Ken, 48, on August 24, 2010 only a few days before his birthday which is Sept. 10. I am the oldest and he was the youngest. We were very close. I am so grateful to everyone on here that have been willling to share their pain, wisdom, understanding, and compassion. You ...this group...has been my life line.
I love you, little brother, and miss you more than words could ever say.
Kenny 9/10/61 - 08/24/10
Theresa
tamh1234
Regular

Postby kansley » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:30 am

Hi, I am Kathie and I am 62 years old. I live in North Carolina. My son, Jason,passed from this life on Aug 13,2008...he was 32 years old.I have three other children...a son ( 40) who is married with two children, a daughter (38) who is married with two children, a son (34) who is married with four children and Jason's wife and little girl. My husband and I have been married for 42 years ( he is and always will be the love of my life)....seven years ago he contracted encephalitas and spent a year in the hospital,....he lost over 20 years of memory, is unable to walk and has a seizure disorder. I am his fulltime caregiver. My son never had any health issues until three weeks before his death. He died three days after he was admitted to the hospital for severe sleep deprivation. It has been three years and I miss Jason everyday. Our entire family including all of my childrens spouses and children are devout believers and we have survived the past three years because we believe that the day is coming when we will all be together for eternity in the presence of our precious Lord.....it brings us all great comfort. I am surprised that the sorrow is still such a strong component of my life.....I think my grief over Jason's death is often mixed with my sorrow over all my husband has lost and his daily struggle to live a very difficult and challenging life. But I am thankful for everyday of Jason's life and grateful for everyday that I have with my husband and children and grandchildren. I am thankful that all of you have found your way here...willing to share your struggles and always ready to reach out with a kind word to help someone who is hurting....May God bless each one of you!
kansley
Regular

Postby oaksmith » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:33 pm

My name is Jean and I live in North Carolina as well. I am 48 years old, have a 9 year old son and a 21 year old step daughter. Yesterday would have been my 12 year anniversary to my husband. He took his life on May 26, 2011. He had been suffering from the extreme pain caused by peripheral neuropathy of which there is no cure, depression, and sleep deprivation. It helps to know he is no longer suffering..."the pain of living became stronger than the will to survive".
oaksmith

Postby Simi2901 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 pm

my name is simone and i live in austria, europe. i am 21 years old and my father commited suicide in november '10

i came here because in 'real life' i am actually the strong one,the no bullshit girl, i dont necessarily like people, cant connect with them so this role stuck with me (except for a few people who have gotten through my walls over the years)..
and i am glad that i found this place where i can just write what comes to my mind!

i have no kids but i have two dogs, i really love them and i wouldnt know what i'd do without them..
Simi2901

Postby vivitazy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 am

im viviane, im from quebec in canada, i lost my twin sister in july 2011. holding me here are my 2 kids, 7 and 4, and our our dog a big husky, and are 2 new little kittens, that my husband brought back after he went horse back riding with the kids !..... thank god it wasnt a horse !!!!!
vivitazy
Visitor

Postby pixy71 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm 40 years old. I'm married to my wonderful husband Casey. I have two boys and two girls ages 21, 19, 17 and 12. I'm from Southern California, but live in Indiana. I lost my only brother Jerry Brownlee May 12,2011. He was 47 years old. He hung himself on my sons 19 Birthday. He showed no signs of depression. I miss him so much and would give anything to have him back.
pixy71
Regular

Postby vivien » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi, I'm Vivien.I come from Sussex,Uk.I am 53.
My son Richard ,hanged himself in August 2011.He was 25.
I have another son aged 19 & a husband (step father to both boys)
A special thank you to everyone on here .Knowing we are all sharing our grief has made a difference.
vivien

Postby bluejules82 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi, my name is Jules. I am from Tulsa, OK and i just lost my older brother Josh about 5 weeks ago. He left behind my parents, myself and his wife and 2 young boys.
bluejules82
Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to The Corner Cafe