Whitherward

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Whitherward

Postby insearchofpeace » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Deleted.

Thank you so much for the replies/support...x
Last edited by insearchofpeace on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim" ~Ovid
insearchofpeace
Regular

Re: Whitherward

Postby cmarie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Such a lovely word whitherward. Says so much.
I am glad to hear you voice here again. I am trying to read through the lines of your post- trying to gauge the pain you're in. And what i read is not so much pain, but sort of an inevitable moving forward with a little hope, some humor and acceptance of what has been and might be to come.
I am sorry for your most recent losses. As trite as it sounds, I am a firm believer in "when one door closes, another one opens" - I guess it depends if we want to walk through or not.
I wish you some peace this season as well.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Suzanne » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:13 am

insearchofpeace,

I do like the wheels off the bus metaphor. I had to laugh thinking about that bus careening in circles. I have definitely been on that bus. I certainly feel that way still on occasion, even though I know I and my fellow travelers can get off that bus and walk or even transfer to another one.
Suicide in the family upends whatever comfortable balance we had been able to find and it takes a long, long time to get back our bearings. I am glad to hear you are moving forward and anticipating Christmas with friends.

Suzanne
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Postby Blossom » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:32 am

"Part of me misses early grief."

I agree, for some of the same, as well as some different reasons. Sometimes I think that as we patch things with band-aids (sticking plaster?, you guys?) in order to survive the early years, it is hard to peel the bloody things off to attend to the wound later.

Thank you for your honesty and good wishes.

I wish you well in continuing to live as well as your inner compass will guide you through this loss.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Return to The Corner Cafe