Dr. McBride on the Dr. Phil Show 11/08/2012

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Dr. McBride on the Dr. Phil Show 11/08/2012

Postby Beloved1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 am

Remember to Tune in This Thursday, November 8th!

Dr. McBride Called as Expert on the Dr. Phil Show

We are excited to announce that the DR. PHIL Show is doing an important segment this fall on maternal narcissism. Dr. McBride will be the expert on the show along with the feature of her recent book: Will I Ever Be Good Enough? Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers. The show will air on Thursday, November 8 (check local listings for times in your area) http://www.drphil.com/shows/listing

Giving a voice and validation to daughters of narcissistic mothers is the on-going passion that is behind the work that Dr. McBride has been involved in for the past twenty plus years. We are so grateful that Dr. Phil is airing this important show so that more women and girls are aware of this insidious disorder in families and will be able to get the assistance and recovery information they need.
Beloved1
Regular

Re: Dr. McBride on the Dr. Phil 11/08/2012

Postby psyquestor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Beloved1, Thank you for posting this as I know many like myself are interested in this topic. I've moved it here to Corner Cafe though, as it is not related to grief per se.

I will try to figure out my DVR in time to catch the show.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Re: Dr. McBride on the Dr. Phil Show 11/08/2012

Postby Beloved1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 am

Tammy, thanks for posting it anywhere. Grief is a very complex emotion. I find that each trauma reverberates with previous traumas. I'm feeling very sad and off-center in Hurricane Sandy which is the way I feel about my beloved Jacob's sudden death, which brought back all the other traumas in my life, including my destructive, pathological narcissistic mother's attempts to prevent me from developing my own sense of self. I find that missing a sense of self has been the worst trauma and greatest pain for me. Luckily, I had therapy that focussed on reality testing in the real world. So, today I try to help in the recovery in Coney Island. Please wish me luck.
Beloved1
Regular

Return to The Corner Cafe