Peaceful Moments

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Peaceful Moments

Postby insearchofpeace » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:40 pm

x
Last edited by insearchofpeace on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim" ~Ovid
insearchofpeace
Regular

Re: Peaceful Moments

Postby cmarie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:46 pm

So lovely. Brought me a sense of peace just reading about your evening. I understand so well about the Emotional exhaustion from socializing. It is extra special to get some peace from those moments.

My moment of peace came the other day. We have a photo of Liam on our mantle next to his ashes. Most often when the photo catches my eye (many times a day), it also catches my heart. There is a pull, a painful tearing away... The other day that did not happen. The picture caught my eye, and there was a warmth that spread through my chest. I smiled, and moved on.
Oh Liam, I do miss you my boy.

Thanks for this thread insearchofpeace. I too, will watch for others moments. It will help pull us all through.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 pm

That sounds so wonderful insearchofpeace. Soul-nourishing is just the word. Thank you for a peaceful thread about peacefulness and a beautiful story to begin with. Yes, those moments come and go, but do come back and yes, it is all a bit unreal when it has disappeared. Enough in that realisation for some lyrics? Thank you for this thread. A member here has spoken of the healing power of witnessing in the counselling arts. To take it further, I feel I am also witness to my own expression of feelings (way too much here though). If I only ever wrote of pain, if it were the only thing that is heard from my mouth (here and elsewhere), I fear that unsaid, unwitnessed moments of peace will lose that equal, life affirming and rightful place in grief. It's a little bit like writing a shopping list and then accidentally leaving it at home - somehow it stays with you and you still shop by the memory - it gets into you and becomes your story.

cmarie - I have a photo too, of my son's army photo, so it is not the boy I know in a way...hair short and a lot of people have commented on his faraway look. But I swear it is my own Mona Lisa. For some reason, my eye goes there when I feel something (can be anything) and there is his face with a thousand replies - every possible degree of happy, sad, understanding, amusement, pain - every emotion it seems, bounces back in response to mine. I would never even try to tell anybody in this, except here. It is real to me and I do not have the energy to try to convince anyone of such a thing. It is a little different to what you have described. Cmarie, you are heard my girl, loud and clear...and peacefully.

* Peaceful moment. Have started taking regular walks by the river and find I am affected by walking alongside that large body of water. Lesson - the setting itself can evoke peace.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby kansley » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:07 am

I, too, loved your post After four years, I have found the peaceful moments come more often and stay longer. Last week we had a house full of family and friends. Two of them were new young friends....the son and daughter of a pastor from out of state. We had not met these lovely young people before so we were telling many family stories...and all included our precious son, Jason. We found ourselves laughing and carrying on as we told the many stories of his "quirky" sense of humor and his unique personality. It was fun and peaceful and outrageous all at the same time. For those who are early on this journey of grief, please know that it will not always be so hard, so painful, so overwhelming. There is light at the end of the tunnel and a day is coming where you will be able to remember your loved one with laughter and joy and find those peaceful moments with your memories. May these moments come sooner rather than later for all of us.....
Jason's Mom...Kathie
kansley
Regular

Return to The Corner Cafe