Dark Knight Rises

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Dark Knight Rises

Postby Bereaved1 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:16 am

Do you think there could be a connection between this Dark Knight Rises tragedy reported at http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... orado?lite with 12 shot dead in the movie theater and Jacob's suicide a short time after we saw Dark Knight together in summer 2008 and Heath Ledger's suicide? Dark Knight Rises is rated PG-13 meaning it's ok for kids over 13, but Parental Discretion for the under 13s. What about tear gas and gun control? What is happening to us?
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Re: Dark Knight Rises

Postby psyquestor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:49 am

((((((Bereaved1))))) Honey I am so sorry this event has brought up these feelings for you. I don't feel justified in putting an opinion here. The only person who could truly answer this for you is Jacob. I know it seems quite coincidental, but who is to say what goes on in someone else's mind?

Praying for Aurora Colorado and all of the families touched by this tragedy. They have the suspect in custody, we will no doubt learn more of his mindset in this horrific act. :*(
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby Crystl » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 am

what a terrible tragedy.. :(
Crystl
Supporting

Postby Bereaved1 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:46 am

I feel triggered and devastated all over again. I hope that instead of simply punishing the killer, they do the right things to find out which sadistic system(s) caused this brilliant person to destroy so cold-bloodedly, systematically and thoroughly. Many Comments under the reports call for people to have the right to carry guns and shoot him themselves.
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Return to The Corner Cafe