Help...Disability Question

A place to discuss just about anything, to get off-topic. The only restrictions are that discussions and sharing be suitable for a G-rated audience, and that the messages follow the rules of general courtesy and respect for others.

Help...Disability Question

Postby MamaBear » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 am

hi everyone. I could use a little advice or input of others experiences with filing for disability. I'm at the appeal stage and have decided I need the help of an attorney. My indecision is this: should I use one of the local free legal clinics that SS sent me or use one from out of state that does nothing but disability claims. I`m not sure the best way to go. Anyone have an experience that might help me decide? P E A C E
~ Sherri
Michelle's Mother
01/16/81 to 01/02/98

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind
don't matter and those who matter don't mind."~Dr. Suess
MamaBear

Re: Help...Disability Question

Postby Peaches406 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Years ago in Oregon I went for the same thing. There was a group called the "alzheimers association" in my area who helped with gaining benefits thru ssi. All services were free. If you have the $$ I would suggest going to the place who specializes in disability claims, or finding out if such a group exists in your area. Those kind of benefits are hard to get out of our goverment. I would think your best chance would be to seek help from specialized places who deal just with this issue.
Trent Daniel Jones 2/14/90 to 3/31/11 ~ My heart, my love, my life....
Peaches406
Regular

Re: Help...Disability Question

Postby lonelymom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:44 am

The main thing is to have medical DOCUMENTATION from as many Drs. And caregivers.theripists etc. They need to be very specfic and state ina My husband sent out form letters to all doctors with information requested and their professional opinion. He got it first try.bility to work and specifically why. We had an attorney help us as well as our congressman.
lonelymom
Regular

Return to The Corner Cafe