unread posts

Comments and information from our moderators.

unread posts

Postby Lisag » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi, I don't come to the forum very often any more, but I noticed today that there are many unanswered posts, some from people who are on this board for the first time grieving a recent suicide loss. Shouldn't one of the moderators respond within a short amount of time if no one else has? I can't imagine how much lonelier these people feel when no one from the suicide grief support forum responds to their outpouring of grief. I know how much it meant to me to have people on this board who understood and cared when my mother shot herself.

Lisa G.
Lisag

Re: unread posts

Postby Karyl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Lisa,

You make a very good point. Most people want to know that someone heard them.

We actually need a few more moderators to help. We count on the people who are regular and active to help reach out, but some people fall through the cracks. It's not their fault, but since we're all volunteers visiting and posting when we have time, I don't know what the solution is.
Karyl
Site Admin

Re: unread posts

Postby cmarie » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:42 am

Hi Lisa,
I worry about this too, as I also remember the impact the people on this forum had on me. It seems to me that around the 3 year mark, people start drifting away, and needing the contact here less. I try and look every couple of days, but usually have enough emotional energy to connect with those who have also lost children.
I hope you can keep posting- I appreciate hearing from someone further down the road than me.
Karyl, I think the solution is all of us. We are a community of people bound by the same tragic loss. We need to look after each other as best we can.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Return to WELCOME - Announcements