new member to the forum

Comments and information from our moderators.

new member to the forum

Postby Diana » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi _ I am new to any type of forum and I could use some tips n how to get started and get known. Is it possible to do live chats with other members? Thank you
Diana

Re: new member to the forum

Postby Blossom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:45 am

Hi Diana

I am very sorry for the loss of your dear sister-in-law....after 22 yrs of such a profound friendship...I think I hear 'sister' when I read your words.

Anything goes here. I am a prolific poster, others choose their words and feelings more carefully. Some just read and never post...this forum is a heart-full service for everybody.

This journey is different for everybody...but the baseline - the pain of suicide bereavement, and the ways it touches or slams us, is what we share and is accepted by all without judgement. You are warmly welcome to join in anyway that takes you, day by day....and it really is a different proposition, day by day.

I have few IT skills, so don't know about on-line chats...perhaps Karyl (forum founder) can answer this? It may be beyond the scope of the charter of this forum.

There are SOS (survivor of suicide) groups around the US....perhaps assuming alternative names, but similiar services in your locale...any compassionate social services organisation should be able to put you in touch with a local chapter.

You are in our hearts Diana.

Our son died by suicide, aged 19, in May 2010. We are surviving, and in asking for help, in finding us to share with, you are too.

x
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby cmarie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Diana
There isn't a chat feature on this forum. I have used one in another aspect of my life and found it quite helpful. I know that others have asked for it here, but I am not sure if there is capacity.
Take care. Blossom's instructions are good. Post when you can or want to. You are free to post in any of the subject areas. Usually when I log on I just click on "view new topics". That brings up all new posts in all the subject areas.
Take care. I hope you find some comfort and peace here.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Diana » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Dear Blossom, thank you so much for such a nice post for me, you touched me deeply by telling me that you hear "sister" when you read my words. I was so amazed that you would say/type this. She couldn't have been more of a sister to me if we had been born to the same parents. I often introduced her as my sister and I am so glad that you picked up on that. I really don't have any support around me, so I will take your advice and look for the support through some of the avenues you suggested. Thank you so much. I am so sorry about your loss. I can't imagine losing a child by any means, especially by suicide. God bless you for being able to offer the support you gave me here. You seem like an amazing person. I am logged on tonight as I am having a very rough time today and very scared about what is happening to me. I know that Melissa and your son are in a much better place right now than they were here on earth. I realize this sounds a bit corny, but I say this because Melissa (she went by the name Missy) believed in the after life so I owe it to her to believe that she is "there" where there is no pain and no sorrow. Take care. I look forward to reading more of your extremely kind words. I am going to say it again, I think you must be an amazing person. I just wish I could hug you for what you have given me. Thank you doesn't seem like enough.
Diana

Postby Diana » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Dear cmarie, thank you for taking the time to message me. It means a lot to me. I am feeling more confident now that I can find some support and peace here. thank you.
Diana

Postby Jillgalusha » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:32 pm

I wrote 2 posts, one in the new members area and one in the newly bereaved area and they are not showing up. What am I doing wrong?
Jillgalusha
Visitor

Postby Jillgalusha » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:49 pm

from JillGalusha - thank you. I figured it out.
Jillgalusha
Visitor

Return to WELCOME - Announcements