This week

A discussion of any suicide issue or grief topic that don't fit elsewhere.

This week

Postby suepred » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 am

I don't really even know what I want to say here but I guess I will be going to another new web site for support. We just found out my 81 year old mother has breast cancer. By we I mean her and me. Thats it, I am an only child of an only child of an only child. She and my husband were my family. Now Mikey is gone and I feel so alone. I feel like I am going to explode. I knowpeople have it much worse than me, I have a job, home etc....but howmuch is one person supposed to take? God and the universe have a perverse sense of humor. I am starting to feel Job like. We have an appointment with the breast surgeon this Wed. to plan our couse of treatment. Any positive thoughts or prayers out there I would appriciate. We all know how hard this time of year is, we made it through another holiday but now this comes at the begining of december. At least now I won't think about Christmas to much I will be busy thinking about surgery and chemo and all sorts of new things. Excuse my bitter tone. "The hits just keep on coming." As my husband used to say when faced with a new challenge. Not so peaceful suepred.
suepred
Regular

Re: This week

Postby psyquestor » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 am

(((Sue))) I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers. I'm sorry for all you have had to struggle through. Keep us posted on her progress and please know we care.
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Suepred...it's very hard. I have implored the universe to give me the time to gather strength to be what I must be to those whom I love and who need me in desperate times to come. Well, it's not listening is it? I'm sending you some wishes for those moments of 'cope-able' that bubble up and sustain you and your dear mum. Thank you for being so supportive to the many members here - please keep in touch.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby lainie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:24 am

Suepred, I am so sorry to hear the news about your Mom...I am keeping you and your Mother in my prayers for strength and healing. Please keep us posted, we are here for you,

Lanie
lainie
Regular

Postby lyn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:41 am

Dear suepred: I'm very sorry to hear your Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. I know I don't know the circumstances of her breast cancer, but I work at a breast center. The treatments are amazingly successful these days. There are so many survivors of breast cancer. With a good surgeon and oncologist you have every reason to feel hopeful that your Mother will be in your life for a long time. I am sorry your Mother has to go through treatment, but please be hopeful. I'm another only child and our relationship with our Moms is usually very close. My Mom died 5 years ago. I know you will be a wonderful support to your Mom.
lyn
Regular

Postby suepred » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:35 am

Everyone thank yu so much! All of your support means the world to me. Our trip to the surgeon went real well she is a great doc and has done two other breast things on Mom that in 1995&2000 that were negative. We will do a lumpetomy on the 27th of dec. After healing she will undergo radiation for 5-7 weeks in 15 minute sessions 5 days per week. With everyones prayers and some good help from our friends we will make it. I am alot less mad now and some what back to my new normal self. Once again I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I will keep you posted! Pardon the bad pun! Much more peaceful suepred. and through all this I feel Mikey stronger than ever.
suepred
Regular

Postby cmarie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:42 am

thank you Mikey for being there for Suepred.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby lainie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm

So glad to hear you are feeling better and positive...love and peace,

Lanie
lainie
Regular

Postby Suzanne » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:05 am

Hi Suepred,
I just wanted to share with you that my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 81 and had a lumpectomy and radiation, just as your mom will. I remember going to her house when she first got the diagnosis. She really believed that the cancer would kill her.

My mom lived to be 95 and never had another recurrence of cancer. Her last 14 years were terrific. When she did pass away, it was from other causes. By then her whole body was pretty much worn out. The cancer was just an inconvenience for a short while for her.

I hope a speedy recovery and a wonderful life for your mom as well.

Suzanne
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Postby suepred » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 am

Once again thank you all. We are coping well, we just can't wait for this to be over. We will be in church today, lunching and doing some mundane grocery shopping. I thank God for all of you and hope he holds all of you in his comfort and grace. peace suepred.
suepred
Regular

Return to Miscellaneous