The other side

For those who wish to share how your faith has helped you deal with the suicide of another perons -- if you can do so in a non-preachy way.

The other side

Postby chovexano » Wed May 16, 2012 11:10 am

Hi,

I wanted to write a little something here because spirituality is very important to me, and I've found it to help at times. I know my beliefs can be a bit out there, but I wanted to share because it has helped me cope sometimes. I consider myself something of a shaman, and sometimes I get the sensation of being in contact with the dead. No words, but a kind of presence and sense of emotional state.

Through this, I believe that he is happier now. I don't believe he went to hell, I believe he's out there floating about, checking in on friends left behind, free from the mental illness that took his life. I believe he is free, and happy, and the man I fell in love with once again.

Sometimes that helps. I hope it helps you too.
chovexano
Visitor

Re: The other side

Postby Blossom » Thu May 17, 2012 2:49 am

I know....it's not something that is easy to talk about....I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. All I can say is that you are not alone and I am glad that you have some peace.

http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/19180210p01.html
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby lonelymom » Tue May 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Sometimes I don't know what I think, especially when I have experiences like I had today. I had cause today to use a laser measuring tool to help a contractor measure my house for new eves trough. He was so impressed with my gadget that he wanted to buy it on the spot. (I am a retired property appraiser and really don't use it anymore.) So he knocked a chunk off the price and I gave it to him. Now it gets weird......I had no idea where the manual was. I had not had it out that I could remember for 3 -4 yrs. I was in my BR looking for it when my husband called me out to the dining room to get the quote from the contractor. Sitting on one of the dining room chairs was a basket of "stuff" I had moved off the table. Right on top was the manual to the device! No shit. My girlfriend really believes in contact with the afterlife and does the oujei board and goes to psychics. She maintains it was my Jeff helping me out. My left brain wants to believe it and my right brain knows better. It gave me the willies either way. But on the chance that it was a little help from my son, thanks Jeffer! I love you and think about you all day everyday.
lonelymom
Regular

Postby Nik's mum » Wed May 30, 2012 12:50 am

The only thing that helps me through is the belief that Nik is with his Grandad and other members of his family and that one day we will be together- I HAVE to believe that otherwise this struggle would just not be worth going through
It's easy to remember him I do it every day
But there's a pain within my heart that will never go away

http://nik-wilson.gonetoosoon.org/

love and miss you more each passing day
Nik's mum
Active

Postby lonelymom » Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 pm

It's hard not to believe even if you are not so inclined, when you have physical, unexplained evidence. I know that spiritual beliefs are ever so personal and we all respect each others choices as to our beliefs, but I'm just saying, I have had several of these episodes of assistance from the universe, since my Mom died in 1997. Instead of fighting it and reasoning that there is a viable explanation I'd like to think I was getting some help from above. Even if it is silly to some, it is comforting and gives me hope of being together again. If dead is dead then so be it, but if there is life everlasting I want to be there and live my life with the comfort of hope. Even if I'm delusional its easier to accept the pain. After reading "Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back" I personally think my faith will be rewarded. ( But that is a whole other discussion)

Hugs and warm thoughts to you all. Thanks for sharing.
lonelymom
Regular

Postby Crystl » Thu May 31, 2012 5:48 pm

I've had too many 'signs' to not believe my son (and Mum and Dad) is still there for me
if it wasn't for these 'signs' I don't think I'd survive..I need to know I will see son again..I believe I will
*group hug*
Crystl
Supporting

Postby psyquestor » Thu May 31, 2012 6:58 pm

((((((Group)))))))
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby Perrys16 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 am

I know Perry is there. On the other side. He was so young when he died and I have always had great faith. It still hurts to know that he is so far away. Someone here said that it was better to believe your whole life and find out when you die that God isn't true than to not believe and when you die find out it is. However, I am way past that. When my third child was born I had a uterine prolapse and when I was rushed into em. surgery, I had a near death experience. God has always answered my prayer and when they say he never puts too much on you, I think that is when he takes you back. But that is just my opinion. Sending hugs to everyone.
Beth
Mother of Perry Atkinson, Jr. 9/7/87-10/21/03
Perrys16

Return to Spiritual Sharing