book/website

A place for review and commentary on books about suicide or suicide grief, on movies (or televison shows) or songs which touch upon suicide issues.

book/website

Postby Blossom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:03 am

http://www.aplaceoflight.com/survivesuicide.html

I...read this. How can I say enjoy? Not sure how to describe that slow osmosis. I hope it helps someone here. I sometimes wonder about that invisible line between helping and traumatising. For some, religious references just don't resonate....but the message of giving over is very powerful and very familiar to us all I think. It is borne of desperation, despite ourselves (really should just speak for myself but too tired to fix this).
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Re: book/website

Postby cmarie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:11 am

Thank you blossom. It was a pleasure to read this woman's life affirming words. It also made me realize that there re other places for me to find solace, and comfort. I would never normally look to someone with a strong belief in God, thinking we would have little in common. But grief and suicide seems to bring us altogether on the same plane/plain.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby insearchofpeace » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm

x
Last edited by insearchofpeace on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim" ~Ovid
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby Blossom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Sometimes I think that we walk to the tunnel entrance with members here and give them our blessings as they enter, for we cannot cross that threshold with them. And we choose to wait outside...and the entrance subtly takes on the air of an exit - we know they are on their way out again. Whether it be an anniversary tunnel, a memory trigger tunnel, or 'just because' tunnel, we know the growing darkness of entering that tunnel and the growing light on exit, and will always wait patiently for you to emerge. There is life yet, but we know well that cyclic immersion in piercing grief. We are also here because we know what hope feels like when that piercing grief passes. And sometimes we are here because waiting for another to emerge is the only thing we can do for ourselves. It is not as if one cancels the other out or distracts us - perhaps it is the healing support of companionship. Sometimes I think that the most beautiful of days beg for tears too. I can't work it out.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby Suzanne » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 pm

I am a nonbeliever. For me the religious references did not distract from the profundity of these excerpts. Thanks for posting them.

Sometimes I think that the most beautiful of days beg for tears too. I can't work it out.

Indeed. I shed those tears as well. The missing piece for me on the most exquisite of days is not having Dave to share it with.

Suzanne
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Postby stepheng1205 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 am

Thanks blossom. It was really a pleasure for me to read about this woman's life affirming words. i realized that there are many places where we can find our comfort zone but we should have strong faith in god.
stepheng1205
Visitor

Return to Books, Movies, and Songs