An inspiring video

For inspirational poems or quotes. Please include the name of the author.

An inspiring video

Postby cmarie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm

I found this Ted talk inspiring. I wish Liam had seen it. The bits about post trauma recovery are pertinent to us surviving the suicide of a loved one.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_the_game_that_can_give_you_10_extra_years_of_life.html

If the link doesn't work - go to Ted Talks and type in Jane mcgonigal and look for the video called ten extra years of life.
I am off to increasemy resiliency!
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Re: An inspiring video

Postby BluePookie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:48 am

I usually don't spend much time watching videos on the internet. But I'm so glad I decided to watch this one. It is really inspiring, and the idea of the game is so good. It's like one of those ideas that make us think, how didn't I thought of this before! It's a very simple idea but I think it can actually have some results.

I've never thought of the willpower as a muscle, but it sounds so right :)

Thank you for sharing!

[[[[]]]]
BluePookie

Re: An inspiring video

Postby Beloved1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Thanks a million. The video IS terrific! Now, the next big question is what can we do to have a place to live that extra time? No problem is insoluble. I'm back from Housing Court I'm ok until March 1, 2013. I called the Marshal and was told I'm ok in here even on Thursday, February 28th, 2013. They don't evict until after the through date. Now, I'm looking for a safe place to lock up my stuff and live. It's not an easy thing to find, especially for a DEB like me. Divorced. Evicted. Bankrupt. Let's keep going.
Beloved1
Regular

Return to Inspiration