MOVE ON?

For inspirational poems or quotes. Please include the name of the author.

MOVE ON?

Postby Crystl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:02 pm

to "move on"
is to put something behind you
forget about it..and never look back

to "go on"
is to forever
carry it forward with you..and never forget

we will never move on
we will simply go on...

Author unknown.
Crystl
Supporting

Re: MOVE ON?

Postby suepred » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:04 am

amen Crystl amen thanks and peace to you and yours suepred
suepred
Regular

Postby Blossom » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm

You've really got me thinking Crystl...inwardly I rail against simply going on. Everyday, there are little moments of defeat, collapse, and they are simply going on. But when they pass (and they DO require simply going on in order to pass), then am I moving on with? I am like a spider in a web - each time a little gem like this twitches my web, I scurry off to investigate...sometimes to fix and sometimes I just let it be. Not sure what to do with this one.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby cali » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks for this rumination inducing thread, Crytl. I like move with, or go with. I like the idea of moving with my heart, moving with all of the experience I have, moving with knowing and loving my son. The "on" somehow carries the connotation of leaving behind. "Going" can imply leaving too. The "carrying" sometimes I have a knee jerk reaction to because it could imply what my son felt when he couldn't see clearly, that he was a burden. He wasn't. Ever. But these are all just semantics.

I feel what the poem is saying is true for all of us: we won't forget, we will always love, and if we can mobilize ourselves out of the zombie stage of grief, forgive ourselves for the inevitable collapses and be conscious and present with all that happened and is happening, and have energy to interact -tall order often, for me- well, I think that's a good thing, but it doesn't mean our love has changed. It doesn't mean we have forgotten.

Is this forward? up? I believe in the circularness, the roundness, of what is sometimes thought of as the feminine part of all of us, men or women. It is the shape we inhabit in the universe we know- can't help but feel that must have a big effect. And the wave motion, the tides, that come in and go out. Is forward not truly a directional goal but just one of the many moves in the dance?

As far as 'forward' goes, for me right now the goal is expressing myself clearly- hence honestly, and concisely, in a considered way, without excessive reactiveness. But boldly. As in what used to be said with a little gasp of judgmental horror-
"she's so FORWARD!" or "BOLD!"

I find all of you on this thread beautiful, and kind, and bold.
All of you express what we intimately know (or I for one don't think I'd still be here): that in concert with the pain we feel also plays the wonder, the gift, the complexity and the simpleness, of this most precious person whom we did not truly "lose," whose heart is forever connected to ours and inspires us in moments of clarity, to lead more considered lives, to be more accepting, more tender, more beautiful and more courageous.

Here's to more moments of clarity and a finer ear. Here's to those we love.
cali
Supporting

Postby lyn » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Yes, trying to hold fast in honor of the sacredness of our loved ones who lost faith in their essential place in so many of our lives. To carry on what they would have carried on if only they had been able to see clearly the treasure their love was for their family, and what their absence would do to us. Taking for granted that we would survive and pick up the pieces of our family's life even though they couldn't. I can hardly remember anymore what it felt like to take the preciousness of my husband's being for granted some days. I know that we have to hold fast to the trust others are placing on us and try and lessen the damage that can so easily diminish a loving family and refuse to let this be the whole story or even the end of the story.
lyn
Regular

Postby Bereaved1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:52 pm

A friend helped me with my early grief after Jacob suicided by working with yoga breathing. I started to feel better and got scared. I told her that I don't want to heal and leave him behind. She said, "You don't have to leave him behind. Take him with you." From then on I feel that when I do something that makes a small contribution, part of it is dedicated to Jacob.
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Return to Inspiration