Today I am LIVING because I...

For inspirational poems or quotes. Please include the name of the author.

Re: Today I am LIVING because I...

Postby fay48 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 am

youv'e just remimded me why i gave up learning to drive!!! i was very good at confusing the peddles too ;-/..... you have made me chuckle too, THANKYOU X
i missed you yesterday, i miss you today and i will miss you tommorow and always x
fay48
Regular

Postby insearchofpeace » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Today I am living because I *trust* there is more to this. More to this life. A purpose for being torn this wide open.....for being emptied to this degree. Holding onto nothing and everything all at once. Holding hands with all of you.

Thinking of everyone here... and as always, wishing you peaceful moments.

Peace
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim" ~Ovid
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby cali » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 am

me too.
cali
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Today I am living because....I have been watching, at eye level, a spider building a web. It just kept going and going and going. Something was fishing inside of me, looking for a message of inspiration - it was a beautiful thing, yet, not my beautiful thing. Just when I had to leave this little spider to get ready for work, I noticed that it is missing a leg. That did it. I became very sad because I was witnessing resolve. And there I am missing a leg, building a web of life. And it is beautiful - and no less validly beautiful for the source of it's metaphor. Little things...little real world things...can powerfully evoke what lies within us to resolve and keep going while purpose takes its time to fill in the gaping space. Sadness can be part of resolve too.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby insearchofpeace » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Thank you Blossom....x
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim" ~Ovid
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby cmarie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Big sigh of resignation and understanding.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Fri May 10, 2013 7:53 am

Today I am living because....I couldn't stand myself and so cleaned the garage and gardened in an effort to bat away my busy brain. Busy = not good. I took a phone call from a friend who invited me to a music gathering (ukulele and singing). I went on the coat-tails of that cleaning and gardening activity. At the gathering, my friend introduced me to a woman who is forming a singing group to tend to people who are actively dying (attached to a Buddhist palliative outreach service). It's not quite as simple as singing... Anyway, if it works out, it's a beginning, a tributary to the river of harp & voice healing - it takes a long long time to master harp. The really nice thing is that the lady said that she expects people who join to be exploring their own healing...a natural thing. So, I take that to mean that my baggage is a prerequisite! I feel a stirring in my belly. I feel alive. And besides the content of this post, the lesson for me has been that action begets action. Today, I am living because I turned up for life. Not everyday, no, but today I did. Just as bloody well.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby cali » Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 am

I think congratulations are in order. You are amazing! (if not always to yourself, your are to me!)
cali
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Sat May 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Cali, the sheer terror that accompanies me all the way to those tipping points, those openings, is where congratulations truly lie - I don't speak of them here, but I live them acutely. You are very kind and I appreciate your support. Let's all just keep turning corners blindly...just keep turning corners.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby Blossom » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:23 am

Things never turn out the way you think. Re the past couple of posts on this thread. Well, I went to a harp healing workshop on the weekend...we sat in a group while a 'healer' improvised...it was beautiful. Not only that, but I learned the fundamentals of improvisation....so I've been noodling away. A few days later (last night) I went to my second meeting of the singing group (the group that is to sing to those who are dying...small groups of three with a calming repertoire). Well, there I was, bolstered by my efforts, reading, playing, thinking, and many other non-formal methods of discernment....and there we were, a group practising in a beautiful old wooden church, with a (healthy) volunteer sitting in a laid back chair. I looked at the lady in the chair, eyes closed, and she glowed and it was so beautiful....it was so so beautiful that a small crack of light appeared within me and I launched (it took me completely by surprise) into the longest loudest howl.I think it was a little distressing to some - of course it would be. I had to be held up. My friend who held me shook and heaved....there was no 'being observant' - it is pretty powerful stuff. Sigh...they kept singing, surrounded and held me....thanked me for the 'gift' when I righted myself. I've spent all day shaking (this stuff is pretty explosive and seems to have to play itself out....understatement) and battling little inner ultimatums about not being strong enough, or being able to become strong enough for this 'work'. I don't mind being broken. I am an expert at patching...but when even the patches come away, I'm in trouble. This journey is not what I think it is. I walked on the hot coals of my own making and wonder if I should follow my initial 'gift' with the future gift of my absence. Not looking for reassurance....just need to say it outloud, here. I have checked internally and my house of cards is still standing. That is pretty amazing.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Inspiration