Today I am LIVING because I...

For inspirational poems or quotes. Please include the name of the author.

Re: Today I am LIVING because I...

Postby lainie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 am

Dear Blossom....you bring me joy this morning....and it is a joy to be living....I also know my son is safe! Thank you for sharing..sending you love and peace,

Lanie
lainie
Regular

Postby Blossom » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:39 pm

The Manger Where the Real Things Are

I see a twinkle in your eye, so this shall be my Christmas star and I will travel to your heart: the manger where the real things are.
And I will find a mother there who holds you gently to her breast, a father to protect your peace, and by these things you shall be blessed.
And you will always be reborn and I will always see the star and make the journey to your heart: the manger where the real things are.

Michael Leunig

How to Get There

Go to the end of the path until you get to the gate.
Go through the gate and head straight out towards the horizon.
Keep going towards the horizon.
Sit down and have a rest every now and again,
But keep on going, just keep on with it.
Keep on going as far as you can.
That’s how you get there.

(also) Michael Leunig

This poem is glued to my bathroom wall, where I read it (by circumstance) many times a day.

*Wishing all of you the warm presence of your own Christmas Star and the grace to honour the need for a little rest.

Blossom x
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby Blossom » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:18 pm

My husband, my son and I went for a walk along the beach to look for a cowrie shell for Rory on Christmas day....not any cowries around, but we found a big rock pool deep enough for us all to lie in and we lay still while little striped fish swam around us. My son chose a shell and gave it to me. I would like this to be the new Christmas tradition, but accommodation is very expensive at this time. So we decided to look at our old camping gear and see if we can put a 'camp' together again.
Yay - I did dive into the water!
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby cali » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 pm

How lovely, Blossom. I am happy for you. Thank you for sharing a beautiful day.
cali
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:06 am

Thank you too. I hope all is well for you.

* I didn't share the non-beautiful bits, cali. They seem to slide away if I let them go....mostly.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby fay48 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 am

dont know what else to do ??????
i missed you yesterday, i miss you today and i will miss you tommorow and always x
fay48
Regular

Postby Beloved1 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes, fay, that's a GREAT! answer for me as I face a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy to prevent eviction if I don't pay rent arrears by December 31st, New Year's Eve which is the fallout of my grief after my beloved fiancé hung himself in 2008. My advice to everybody suffering here is to ask people to help you and let everybody help you any way they can. You are suffering a great personal catastrophe. If you ask the wrong person because you aren't thinking clearly - (none of us are) - work to let it go and ask somebody else. (((hugs)))
Beloved1
Regular

Postby fay48 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:03 pm

its supposed to be inspiration???? im so sorry, i feel as bad as when this first happened, everyone has moved on now, and im left in this hell,im sorry for your situation bum deals just keep coming, im sick of smiling, im sick of pretending im sick of this pain in my chest that never lets up, excuse my french but im feeling so down today, these bastards havent even offered me counceling its all just still in my head and i cant stand it anymore i just want it to stop xx
i pray a miracle happens for you, we all could do with one of them.
i missed you yesterday, i miss you today and i will miss you tommorow and always x
fay48
Regular

Postby Beloved1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes, fay48, today I'm living because I feel open to receiving help. My challenges lead me to talk to a coach who was talking to the audience at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention day in New York City the November before Thanksgiving 2012. He had lost his father to suicide in 2009 and wrote a performance piece about it. We met just in time for his friend who is a Bankruptcy lawyer to file my Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in time to stop my eviction until the Trustee meetings are over and my Bankruptcy is complete. This has also stopped the collection calls, giving me some peace to do what I need to do to upgrade in the Technology I teach and to move forward in my counseling practice that I might be switching to because of everything I have learned in all of these traumas. I do not wish our traumas on anybody, but, I have found that there really can be opportunity in any crisis. A lot of healing has to come first. I suggest (trying not to be preachy) that you be good to yourself, heal well and stay aware enough to notice the right people. After what we have been through it's hard to trust anybody.
Beloved1
Regular

Postby Beloved1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:42 am

On a light note (-: I went out yesterday to buy some milk to find that a car on 34th Street had made a failed attempt to complete a UTurn in front of this apartment building and crashed through the automatic plate glass doors, causing a lot of damage to the apartment entrance and the car. The driver had stepped on the gas pedal instead of the break. Everybody had to use another entrance as we had to do all summer while this lobby renovation was going on. The doormen are freezing. But, thank God, nobody got hurt, which is another miracle on 34th Street. I can't stop chuckling. :lol:

Could be somebody else's rage?..Could be karma!...
Beloved1
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Inspiration