Today I am LIVING because I...

For inspirational poems or quotes. Please include the name of the author.

Re: Today I am LIVING because I...

Postby lainie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:01 am

Hugs to you Blossom...lanie
lainie
Regular

Postby psyquestor » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:43 am

Today I am living because.....
I am joining thousands of others in the Out of the Darkness Walk to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.

The Out of the Darkness Community Walk is a 3-5 mile scenic walk taking place in more than 200 communities across the country this fall. Proceeds will benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, to fund research, education, survivor and awareness programs — both to prevent suicide and to assist those affected by suicide.

I have already reached 30% of my fundraising goal in just 12 hours. To find out how you can help, visit http://afsp.donordrive.com/
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Good luck Psyquestor! (this is a bit late) I hope that you will have the company of many companions on your walk. It must be really something to experience the journey of grief...and then to find yourself literally walking that journey to help others.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby Blossom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Yeah, yeah, it's a dog. But THE dog who howled long and loud, in her sleep when my son passed, his messenger. The dog who would go jogging with my son. The dog who would race up to anyone wearing a white t-shirt, expectant, in the weeks after he passed. The dog we looked to for 'presence' on those dreadful morning gatherings in the weeks and months after he died. Someone to give affection to....someone not raw, like us. Someone who needed to be taken for a walk. Someone who needed feeding. Someone my surviving son needed...someone warm and accepting. A little saviour on four legs for my husband. When we were stripped bare, could not help each other or ourselves, miraculously, we never overlooked our little dog. Today I am living because...just because.

She’s Away!

Into the cosmic soup she goes,
Like Dorothy in her tornado.
A new land awaits -
Strange faces, forms…
And one strong thread from this world to next.
A lead, frayed and faded, in passing from one curly headed boy she owns to another, turns silver- spiderweb strong.
His town crier on that night of nights.
And so it goes, they fall in beside each other, jogging along as if the time apart was in fact, the dream.
And where is the man whose long life of dog companions taught him to love a woman?
Well, he nods that ancient nod of the bloke who makes an internal notch on his heart, as another canine spirit faithfully falls in behind on the morning walk to get the newspaper.
And me? She has licked the tears from my face. Enough said.

Vale Gypsy, papadum lover, cheese connoisseur, and most importantly of all, the best little black doggie in Toowong. May we all be able to say of each other one day, she never let a bouncing ball pass her by. A complete lesson.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby cmarie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:09 pm

Its a dog. An accepting, welcoming friend for Rory. The constancy, the unabashed joy. It's a dog.
Happy trails Vale Gypsy!
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Perrys16 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:31 pm

I changed everything in my life...I left my house of 30 years and moved to a campground in Fort White Florida...I am helping my daughter...I have never been so busy in my life. I am meeting new people and am around happy people all day. For the first time in 10 years I feel like I am going to live again. I am so happy. Happier than I have been. Still spend time each day to think about the wonderful son that I lost so long ago. Still miss him like crazy. Still think about him a lot during the day. What I do now is kind of a tourist attraction but if you look up the Ichetucknee River in Florida, it is probably in the best shape out of any of them. I would tell anyone who is needing something to change something, do one thing a day to make your life better even if it is just cleaning something. Moving forward has been really hard for me. I have cried every day for 10 years because my beautiful baby decided not to live. I wanted him to live forever and he has been gone for so long now. I am a million times better than when it first happened but for some reason I cant stop thinking about him. Like the arrow shot through my heart is still there. Having a better life and moving on has helped. Keeping busy helps. Being in such a beautiful place is so helpful. I hope that one day someone who has been on this website comes in and says hi to me and goes on a trip down the most beautiful river in Florida cause that is what I do now. I work here taking people on the most beautiful river and think it is really peaceful the way things are supposed to be. Sending hugs to all the new people. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love so much that you can't even breathe.
Beth
Mother of Perry Atkinson, Jr. 9/7/87-10/21/03
"I remember you by heart"
Perrys16

Postby Blossom » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:59 pm

I am so very pleased for you. I hope that Perry is looking over your shoulder on that beautiful river. A lovely story to read this Sunday morning.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby angela092402 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:51 am

it has been hard to know why I am living today...
I am still here
I am living on hope
I am living on hope of love
I am living but live with my depression like chicken noodle soup. ....but I live with hope.
angela092402
Visitor

Postby Perrys16 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:46 pm

I am doing really good. My daughter's business is thriving. I have worked 7 to 7 every day since I got here a year ago. I meet someone new every day. I also know that no matter how far I have gotten, I can still go back to square one and relive the pain of losing him like it just happened. Pretty much an ongoing pain that never goes away. Just easier to live with since it has been so long ago that I lost him. Time does help. To all the new people I am sending hugs. You can survive even though it feels like you wont or cant. Never easy. Miss you guys.
Beth
Mother of Perry Atkinson, Jr. 9/7/87 - 10/21/03
"I remember you by heart"
Perrys16

Previous

Return to Inspiration