Just read this...please.

This forum is for people that have suicidal thoughts. We hope that we can offer words of encouragement and hope to you. If you choose to write a letter here, we ask that you put a lot of thought and care in your letter. Choose your words carefully. Don't preach. Don't berate. Don't write anything negative.

Just read this...please.

Postby niece2006 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:59 pm

If you are reading this, thank you. I don't know if it will help. I don't know if it will make a difference, but if I don't try, it definitley won't. I don't know why you are here, but I'm glad you are. Please just read this.
If you are thinking of ending your life, think of the people you are leaving behind. Friends, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, you spouse, ect. You might be ending your suffering, but you are starting theirs. I understand that you are in so much pain...you must be or else you wouldn't be thinking of ending your life. I want you to think about the people you are going to leave behind. Do you really want to put them through any pain? I'm not a therapist, I've never been suicidal, for God's sake, I'm only 14. Most of you proably stopped reading after I said that, but if you didn't..thank you. I might be only 14, but I know what it feels like to go through a suicide, and sometimes you need to look at it from a child's point of view. If you are thinking about suicide, please continue reading. You are probably in a great amount of pain. You think the only way to end your pain is to end your life. That's not true. If you think about it, all of this stuff that you are feeling could be done in a couple weeks. Do I know for sure? No. I don't. But do I believe that you will be ok? 100%. If you kill yourself, you are going to leave behind everyone and everything you love. Is it really worth it? I don't think so. I think that you will get better. No, i KNOW you will get better. When I was 9, my uncle killed himself. That was the day my life ended, but if you think about it, thats the day it began, too. That was the worst day of my life, and I still carry issues along with it. Is that really want to do to the people you love? I wouldn't think so. If I'm sounding harsh or misunderstanding, that's not my intention. I don't understand what it feels like to want to die, but I understand what it feels like to be in a great deal of pain. "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary promblem." That's something that you've probably heard before. Its a famous quote, and it's a very true one. Why end your life if you can get better and become a stronger person from this? If you have children, you aren't going to see them grow up, to get married, to have families of their own. If you have a spouse, you aren't going to be able to grow old with them. If you are alone, you aren't going to be able to prosper in life the way you could. So please, just think about what you are going to do. Is leaving the people you love really worth it? Even if your answer is yes, don't do it. There's help out there for EVERYONE. There's therapy. There's phonelines. There's online groups. There's the love and support of your family and friends. If you end your life, you ruin everyone else's who was close to you. Stay here, with us. Please.
I don't know if this helped. I don't know if it made any difference to anyone. To some people, they may just see this as a stupid kid who doesn't know what she's talking about. And hey, maybe I am just some stupid kid. But i DO know what I'm talking about. I've seen what happens to a family after a suicide. I know what happens. So I'm not just some kid. I'm a kid who has a lot to say and is trying to help people as best as she can.
niece2006
Visitor

Re: Just read this...please.

Postby Peaches406 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:25 am

You're a very well spoken 14 year old! Beautiful letter hon. I have found that I heal better through helping others, it sounds like you might too. For the record I am a 32, bout to be 33 year old woman and I can say, without a doubt, That age has nothing to do with intelligence or wisdom. You sound like you're both, in fact you sound like a very positive person in spite of your pain. I would love to hear more about you and your Uncle when you're ready to share.
Trent Daniel Jones 2/14/90 to 3/31/11 ~ My heart, my love, my life....
Peaches406
Regular

Re: Just read this...please.

Postby Nik's mum » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:13 am

I'm very impressed hun for a 14 year old your letter is amazing and I wish so much that my son had the opportunity to read your words. You are very wise bless you x
It's easy to remember him I do it every day
But there's a pain within my heart that will never go away

http://nik-wilson.gonetoosoon.org/

love and miss you more each passing day
Nik's mum
Active

Return to Letters to Suicidal People