In honor of Aaron Swartz

A discussion of news reports, articles, research, and education

In honor of Aaron Swartz

Postby cali » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 pm

I am very sorry for the loss of a brilliant and very bravely principled young man, Aaron Swartz. He was persecuted to death without ever being proven guilty of anything. He stood strong for his beliefs and contributed enormous benefits to society. I appalled at our system of "justice." It is not what it was meant to be.
No justice was done. I honor you Aaron Swartz, and I grieve for your loved ones.
cali
Supporting

Re: In honor of Aaron Swartz

Postby insearchofpeace » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 pm

x
Last edited by insearchofpeace on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim" ~Ovid
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby NancyClaire » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:10 pm

I have been thinking of this young man too..which brought me to this site today. So many who we have lost through suicide were so smart, and talented and funny..but somehow they couldn't continue on this plane. It makes me sigh. It's been three years since Rick died and he still seems so real to me. I feel for Aaron's family and friends..they are now part of the circle of suicide. I hope they manage to find this forum or some other to get the support they will need to carry on. Thinking of all of you today.
NancyClaire
Regular

Postby Beloved1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm here today because of Aaron, too. I'm advocating because of Aaron that Mental Health Matters, see my Post in our Suicide Prevention section. Aaron's suicide because of the Prosecuting Bullying of a brilliant young man as well as his depression is immobilizing me. Gifted people have special needs. Maybe that's the reason for my pain. It's time to get out of the Mental Health dark ages.
Beloved1
Regular

Postby cali » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 am

Thanks you both for your thoughts here, thanks for the blog posts insearchofpeace, and NancyClaire, all of those lost will always be real to me too. We won't forget them, and they live on in us. I think the statistic of 1 in 6 is interesting. I would think it much, much higher. I don't believe I know a single person who hasn't struggled with depression or the other monster of suicide, anxiety, at some time in their life. I cannot think of one.
When someone is very gifted, even though they are surrounded by friends and admirers, I think they can feel very isolated- because so few are near who are at their level. They are treasures, true treasures, and I wish we all knew how to care for them in the most fundamental of ways so that when they are bright and brave and far beyond us in mind and heartfelt stance, they always know they are held up by love and caring, and a deep attentiveness. Because we are lost without them.
cali
Supporting

Return to News and Information