New Hope

For discussion of suicide prevention ideas, programs, research, etc.

New Hope

Postby Beloved1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:35 am

During my current housing situation a new friend I met in Housing Court visited me with her Service Dog. I must admit that my childhood trauma involved abuse and neglect of pets with a favorite dog being executed for biting people, including the cop who came to the door with a summons for "Coco". I expected the worst when she brought her dog over. It turned out to be a tiny white Chihuahua as big as a spring chicken and sat in her lap quietly dosing for 2 hours. I had never heard of a Service Dog, so, while Googling I found their program that I hope helps somebody here.

"The program honors and empowers Wounded Warriors by providing specially trained Service Dogs to increase independence and make a difference in their lives.

Our Project HEAL© Service Dogs are individually trained by at-risk teens in our ECADemy© program. These specially trained dogs pick up dropped objects, open and close doors, open refrigerators, pull wheelchairs, prevent overcrowding in public, interrupt nightmares and flashbacks, remind to take meds, warn of approaching strangers and reduce anxiety and stress, all the while providing unconditional love and comfort." from http://ecad1.org/ProjectHeal/Home.htm
Beloved1
Regular

Re: New Hope

Postby Beloved1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:22 am

That link is http://ecad1.org/ProjectHeal/Home.html
Beloved1
Regular

Re: New Hope

Postby Beloved1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:24 am

For some reason, I cannot make the link into a live hyperlink with a blue underline that will take you to the website with a click, so, if you are interested, just copy and paste the address into a browser window.
Beloved1
Regular

Return to Suicide Prevention