Mental Health First Aid Certificate

For discussion of suicide prevention ideas, programs, research, etc.

Mental Health First Aid Certificate

Postby Blossom » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 pm

I was reading a short piece in the newspaper about this short course - a mental health version of the first aid course (physical trauma) many do either voluntarily or as part of our job requirements. It is designed to develop skills for first encounters with people who are experiencing anxiety attacks, depression at work etc. (not necessarily a life threatening mental health crisis). Has anyone done a short course like this? Is it 'out there'? I've never heard of such a thing. I would like some web links...even just to read the content.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Re: Mental Health First Aid Certificate

Postby cmarie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 pm

somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind I know i have heard of this. Here are two links I found. Its pretty interesting. Looks like something all of us on the planet should have.

http://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.ca/EN/P ... fault.aspx
http://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/cs/ ... _overview/
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Re: Mental Health First Aid Certificate

Postby Bereaved1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:31 pm

This seems obviously important to me. It looks like they need a lot of help. Thank you.
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Return to Suicide Prevention