Yesterday's memories

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Yesterday's memories

Postby jeffryes32 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Nate and I loved the Olympics. We looked forward to them every two years - winter and summer Olympics. Him and I would watch it together every night and root for our country, USA. We felt prideful being an American and it's the only few event that countries are able to get together and put differences aside for a couple weeks.

The Winter Olympics have just begun, and it's been very difficult to enjoy watching it, something that I have enjoyed for as long as I can remember. It's been six long months now since Nathan passed and it all seems so surreal still.

Yesterday, I called his cellphone - I don't know why I did that. It was really silly of me. And someone picked it up, obviously it wasn't him. I just told the guy "sorry I dialed the wrong number". That was very painful, it was really silly of me to think that he will pick up. I guess him being gone hasn't settle in completely. Nate's death has been incredibly difficult, no words can explain the sadness and the tragedy it has brought to everyone close to him.

I'm so sorry for everyone's loss, it has been so difficult lately.
jeffryes32

Re: Yesterday's memories

Postby lostdennis » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:26 pm

So sorry you are having such a painful time. You guys had and continue to have a special, beautifull, and fun relationship. I continue to have a special relationship with Dennis. Somehow we do not want to and maybe we do not have to give up those "special" feelings. We need to connect with what remains in our hearts and our minds. Do the things that feel right to do. We have had a big jolt of change; one day at a time; we create our lives with our loved one deep in our soul. They are still with us but in a different way and we are adjusting to that. Someone else may have Nate's phone number, but you can still call him. May you, Nate, Dennis, me and all of us find peace by doing the things we enjoyed doing together.
lostdennis

Re: Yesterday's memories

Postby jeffryes32 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:51 am

Thank you so much Ron. I do hope we all find enjoyment in life again. The longest and worst winter I hope comes to an end soon as well. Again thanks for all the kind and thoughtful words.

It's been a roller coaster of emotions, I'm sure we're all experiencing it. I hope it becomes more manageable.
jeffryes32

Return to Memories