Another July 4th

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Another July 4th

Postby stedger » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:54 pm

This is just not fair, I should have to spend the holidays remembering that I am once again alone. There is no celebration anymore. Just remembrance. This was your holiday, the one you liked the best and could hardly wait for dark. You were such a little boy about it, excited and shining eyes. Now I just close up the house and drug the dog. I miss you , I love you and will be happy when it is my time so I can be with you again.
Always on my mind, Loving you. Ruthie
stedger

Re: Another July 4th

Postby lyn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:25 am

Dear stedger: I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I guess I am too or I wouldn't have stopped by to visit this site. It is my 2nd 4th of July without my love. I really don't remember the first one. A friend I have made on this journey lost her husband one year ago on the 4th of July. It must be hard to bear all the celebrations surrounding this day when this was the day of a great loss. Anyway, your post touched me and you know you're not alone in this pain. So often (it's just over a year for me) I just walk around with a knot in my stomach, loneliness or fear, not sure which; maybe a little of both. Peace as you do your best to stay the course. I'm glad you share your house with your dog. Another beating heart helps. And before you know it the holiday will be over.
lyn
Regular

Re: Another July 4th

Postby stedger » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi , maybe I will find you here again like me. It is another holiday coming up, one that would have been spent at the lake, camping and fishing. All the good stuff. BUT..........after 2435 days I find that I no longer wish to go to the lake. The last time I went there was to scatter ashes at 8.0. You are there my love, where you always wanted to be every chance you had. You are always in my heart, I miss you like hell. Always loving you..............Ruthie
stedger

Return to Memories