Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Postby Bereaved1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 am

On September 11, 2012, I remember that Jacob told me he lost his work after 911 and it put him in financial peril. He was his demented father's primary care giver and was trying to do the right thing for him. His father was living with him. His son was living with his mother, who was not Jacob's wife, and called his cell phone, constantly. Jacob always picked up. He had on street parking and had to move his car, constantly. He was a videographer at Beth Israel Hospital, NYC and had to view operations and autopsies, constantly. He lived in Brooklyn. When he visited me in Manhattan he sometimes had to wait for hours for the train to Brooklyn on the weekend. He didn't drive those times because parking was too expensive. His life was difficult and he was exhausted.
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Re: 911

Postby Bereaved1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't.
Jules Renard
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... kbu3TKS.99
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
Bereaved1
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 pm

That is so sad Bereaved1...I'm sorry that Jacob was pressured by so much. So very sad.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby Bereaved1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:07 am

Thank you, Blossom. Lot's of people think they have to act like everything is ok, as Jacob did, when their lives are really killing them. You write about Oz. You probably know what I mean.
Bereaved1
Supporting

Return to Memories