Many years ago...

Share special memories of the person that you remember.

Many years ago...

Postby Blossom » Fri May 25, 2012 2:47 am

Many, many, many years ago....a little boy and I stood, our backs to the bed....and took a leap of faith...backwards onto the bed....why?....because when we did, we heard our drink gurgle in our tummies...and we laughed and we laughed....then he laughed and I no longer laughed...and then he laughed and I became silent, truly silent.... I felt the great chasm between discovery and revisiting....sensation first felt, aside sensation revisited. Two years now...and I am transported to his discovery. And he forced my hand. Thank you , little one. I don't mind. And I am surviving this too. Finally, I can say, gratefully, bring it on and when my own time comes, bring it on.

Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Re: Many years ago...

Postby Suzanne » Fri May 25, 2012 7:36 am

Dear Blossom,
These anniversaries never cease to be difficult. Just this morning someone forwarded some interviews with children explaining what love is.
Here is one: “When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.”billy – age 4

Your story is so lovely, so deep. And Rory's name is safe in your mouth. Forever.

Suzanne
Wife of Dave 10/17/47-11/1/06
Read our story
http://books.google.com/books?id=4zThE8 ... A7o6s-fPpU
Suzanne
Active

Postby cmarie » Fri May 25, 2012 8:42 am

The grief, it's process, seems to evolve into one where layers of ourselves are revealed to ourselves. I guess we have to be open to the revealing to accept the awareness.

Thank you for telling this blossom, this precious story of you and Rory. It brought a smile, and a sense of peace and hope.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Fri May 25, 2012 11:53 am

xxx
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby Crystl » Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 pm

your post brought a tear to my eye blossom..so bittersweet that memory!
i send you huge cyber *hugs* of comfort for the angelversary of your precious son Rory
and forever ...until ''your time comes''
Crystl
Supporting

Postby psyquestor » Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

((((Blossom)))))
Tammy
Proud Army Mom

I thought I would lay down and die after losing my Son to suicide.
Instead I chose to fight the monster that killed him.
http://www.afsp.org

Hold On, Pain Ends
psyquestor
Supporting

Postby cali » Sat May 26, 2012 3:48 am

Ahhhh the falling on the bed. xx, Rory. xo.
cali
cali
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Tue May 29, 2012 3:00 am

I survived (insert 1000 words, then eat them). Roll on year 3. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Postby lonelymom » Tue May 29, 2012 6:55 pm

This past weekend , Vice President Biden made the following remark over Memorial Day. I'm sure he was referring to his personal tragic loss but it gave me some hope. He said "The day will come when the memory of those loved ones will bring a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye. Everyone tells me this is true but I am still hurting 14 mos. out.

I loved your memory Blossom. It reminded me of a time when my little boy and I were sharing a bed in a hotel room and the blanket was so static you could see sparks in the dark. We laughed hysterically as we made fireworks. Oh how I yearn for those days. Instead I am watering the flowers at his grave site. Bummer.
lonelymom
Regular

Postby Blossom » Wed May 30, 2012 4:13 am

It's hard to put the miles under you feet. I don't know of any short cuts - but if sharing a magic moment brings forth your memory....then we all have a capacity for a kind of circular healing here. I would be very pleased to hear of any more memories - truly, I will listen - and I may laugh! It's along time ago that I told this story here...but I'll repeat it for you....I remember the day that my little toddler laughed so much (something tickled his funny bone) that he farted (sorry, may be rude to say this here) and then fell over (his legs gave way). In my mind's eye, I can still see him completely, bodily, surrendered. Believe me lonelymum, those sparks live!
Blossom x

Blossom
Mentor

Next

Return to Memories