Were you close?

How does grief make you feel? Angy? Sad? Lonely? Afraid? Worried? Tired? Empty?

Were you close?

Postby Tootle » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:16 pm

It has been quite some time since I've been here. It's coming up on 5 years since Rob left us and although things feel softer, the raw pain of loss still hits me hard. I was recently telling someone about Rob, I've finally been able to start talking about him a bit more. One of the things that I find many people ask me is 'Were you close?' It's a question that I find myself cringing at, it annoys me because 'Hell yes, we were close'. I wonder if they think it wouldn't affect me so bad if we weren't close and what would it matter if we were close or not? And whose business is it anyways? it's upsetting because we were close and I couldn't save him. He was so secretive about his pain, hid it so well. Not a day goes by that I wish things were different.
In memory of my big brother Rob, my hero and best friend.

To forget time. To forgive life. To be at peace.
Tootle
Active

Re: Were you close?

Postby cali » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:19 pm

I could say so many things, and who knows if any of it would be helpful. But I feel you Tootie, I really do. It's still very hard for me too.
cali
Supporting

Return to Venting