Life is upside down

How does grief make you feel? Angy? Sad? Lonely? Afraid? Worried? Tired? Empty?

Life is upside down

Postby Hawk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:51 am

It's been about a month and my life is hanging off the world like a bat. I find myself in a position where I have to move. I sit in this house feeling intense anger followed sometimes by sadness usually by more intense anger. I'm unsure what to do anymore and spend many nights laying awake thinking and feeling angry at my mother for leaving her 3 children this way without so much as a goodbye. We went through her phone and found multiple phone calls to me and my older sister but all were canceled. She didn't let a single call go through. Nobodys phone even rang once. I find myself wanting to book it somewhere out of state but at the same time the remainder of my close family is here. Now that we arent so busy with her memorial it seems to be hitting me hard and fast.
“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”
Hawk

Re: Life is upside down

Postby Blossom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:27 am

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear mum, Hawk.

Yes, I found that after the activity of my son's funeral and sorting out 'stuff'. when all the world went quiet once again, my brain got very loud with tumbling thoughts, my feelings rose and fell. I can well understand your feelings....like a moment in time that could have gone a different way.

Please take care. GUilt or regret, anger, sorrow...they are some of the feelings of those who remain as suicide bereaved, and they seem to need to be worked through over time, with reflection, tears etc. After four years, I am still finding outlets for my feelings. Whatever works for you is right.

I hope that when you read this, you have had a few moments of peace here and there. Please feel welcome to read and/or write on this forum.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Return to Venting