How long will this last?

How does grief make you feel? Angy? Sad? Lonely? Afraid? Worried? Tired? Empty?

How long will this last?

Postby bee4750 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:43 am

How long does this take?? I know, everyone says that you will grieve in your own time and you can't rush the process. I lost my friend Michael to hanging. I still have images in my mind of what he must have looked like hanging in his garage. I still well up with tears at random moments. I still become closed off and unemotional sometimes. I still get so angry.

I do not live in the same place as our mutual friends and I feel like I have to standard with which to measure my progress. I'm I taking too long? Not long enough? People will probably tire of my moods soon and I can already feel the abandonment which makes me feel like a child and not the responsible adult I should be.

Maybe the people who tell me that "he was just a friend, so get over it already" were right. Maybe I'm feeling all of this too strongly. I feel lost.
bee4750
Visitor

Re: How long will this last?

Postby Berna » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:40 am

You need to take as long as you want to grieve, ignore people who tell you to move on. No one can walk in your shoes, nor would I wish that pain on anyone. My son died in the same manner ( incredibly hard to say it, 8 months later), people think only family should feel everlasting pain, it's not true...friends are also in pain. Think about how he lived and not how he died, that has helped me tremendously. Be around only positive people, people who say mean things should know better and are not very sympathetic. I wish you much peace my friend, take your time.
Love and Light
B
Berna

Postby Mum61 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm

“Just when you think, ‘Maybe I’m going to make it,’ you’re riding down the road and you pass a field, and you see a flower and it reminds you. Or you hear a tune on the radio. Or you just look up in the night. You know, you think, ‘Maybe I’m not going to make it, man.’ Because you feel at that moment the way you felt the day you got the news.”

Joe Biden on the constant weight of grief.

... so true....
Mum61
Visitor

Postby Hawk » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Its been a little over a year since i lost my mom. Time yes makes it numb but will it ever stop hurting i don't think so. I can't seem to decide if ive accepted her death or not. Family need not be blood you'll heal in your own time. I am so sorry about your friend
“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”
Hawk

Return to Venting