A ramble...

How does grief make you feel? Angy? Sad? Lonely? Afraid? Worried? Tired? Empty?

Re: A ramble...

Postby Blossom » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:41 pm

In search of peace..."It feels as though my life is just one 'waiting for it to pass' moment after another now." That's the problem with this grief stuff - when you're in it, you're in it. Yesterday's even ground reads like a someone else's story. You know it but you can't summon anything of it. Today's colour seems like the colour of everyday into the future. And none of that helps, I know. In hindsight (I am nearly at yr 3) the 2nd yr was about telling my story - my family and friends too bruised to hear it from me, so I told it here, in a way. Not saying to do this.... just how it panned out for me. I was really scared of my son's second anniversary...I only had the first to compare it with. When it arrived, it was a little different...same pain, but the rebound was faster and back to firmer territory. I was surprised. It is not the same for everybody at the same time. Just throwing my hat into the ring because the one thing that might wriggle a spot into the 'waiting' & 'reality' is a little hope. I'll do a little hoping for you.

* Have been feeling like my skin is going to split and turn me inside out - a dreadful dreadful feeling....then, this morning, my 'brain' remembered my sister's 3rd anniversary (8 weeks before my son's). I have only been able to grieve her recently (she died with a smile on her face & her passing was a relief to us and obviously, to her). So, the moral of the story (I think?) is that the body knows, even if the brain builds walls. How the two synchronise is a mystery and I do not want to especially know , just want it to happen and feel a little of that now familiar firm ground under my feet. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

April come she will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain
May she will stay
Resting in my arms again
(Simon & Garfunkel)
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby insearchofpeace » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:11 pm

I am truly grateful for your taking the time to respond Blossom...especially when dealing with all you are. I hope you wake up with some solid footing restored.
Last edited by insearchofpeace on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim" ~Ovid
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby insearchofpeace » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:01 pm

---
Last edited by insearchofpeace on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby daybyday » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:21 am

I'm sorry to hear about all of the issues you're having with your sister and not being able to see your nieces/nephews. Your sister is obviously using that as a way to control the situation (like cmarie said). She probably feels as out of control as you but is using her "power" to help her feel intact. If she doesn't have to think or talk about it, and can maybe even punish you by not letting you see the kids (not warranted but her way of dealing somehow)? Unfortunately for you (and the kids - even for her), she's wrecking precious relationships along the way. How awful to compound your grief like that.

I can totally relate to the surface walkers/drones you mention. Your sister sounds like one of them, by locking you out. I am probably finding this to be my biggest struggle also, other than the guilt over my father's death. I am very in touch with my feelings (most of the time) and have tried really hard to "feel" and "be" during these years of hell, hoping I can heal. I knew early on that avoiding my feelings would only make it worse down the road. It's not been easy. I feel very alone much of the time, and like you, as though others just don't understand or care to. They are "happy" to go about life in denial, pasting a smile on their face. Not to say I haven't done this myself, at times, (not by choice) but because when you are rebuffed enough times, you learn that is what others expect of you. People want you back to your old normal self, which is selfish of them. Understandable but still selfish.

I think some people mature during life's hard situations and others go back to living exactly like they did before - learning nothing from it. Emotionally they are not on the same level I think. Sensitivity wise - they are failing big time. It's just sad. It changes long-standing relationships.

I have given up trying to be the good, solid rock you describe. The person who was always there for everyone. Yet when life hit me hard (various issues) where are they? Nowhere. Oh wait. They were there (they gave me a hug and a "I understand" early on, but then I heard nothing ever again. When I tried to talk about it, they glossed over it). It's all about them again. Like I CARE about their stupid vacations they brag about or whatever else that is meaningless drivel. Not only are they no help or support but then they are judgmental to top it off. I"m learning that with a lot of people, it's all about maintaining an image. Even after a tragic loss, as long as you look ok on the outside, apparently that is all that matters.

I've been called "too sensitive" or rude (because i no longer bow to their ever whim) or lazy (because I can't quite keep up at the same pace I used to). Geez sorry to put myself and my feelings first for once. I'm just tired of pretending...is all. Why can't we just have a real conversation with our family/friends about things? Not just once, but often. Get closer. Really support each other. For me - it's like a battle with some of my family members, mostly my inlaws. Who can fake it the most? I'm such a let down for them apparently. They had expectations of me and apparently I've failed miserably. Well - life hasn't exactly worked out the way I imagined either. Am I a little bitter. Probably. Justified? I think so. Do I want to be bitter and angry? No. But everything takes time, so they say. I am working through the emotions - like you - in hopes that I can shed all of this and truly move forward. Stronger and wiser.

For our family members that have gone through the losses with us, they are obviously dealing with their own issues - so there is no real hope for support as we're all "hurting" and searching for relief fro someone. We're all just going in circles. For awhile there I was putting my family members pain ahead of my own (I'm a helper) and it gave me something to "do" so I didn't have to "think" so much. But after awhile I just couldn't do it anymore. In some ways, I think they now resent me for it. The helper has become the "needy one." Roles have shifted.

For the friends and others who should be supporting US (even years down the road - as we all know it doesn't "go away") where are they?? Where is the "how are you - REALLY?" I never hear those words come out of peoples mouths.

I hope I didn't hijack your thread. Just trying to say (in too many words!) that you are not alone. I feel so many of the same things you are feeling. At least we have this forum to put down our thoughts and feelings and feel "heard and understood." I'm so grateful for that.

Hang in there...
Just taking it day by day. I miss you, Dad.
daybyday
Regular

Postby insearchofpeace » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 pm

I hope life starts to take a truly positive turn for you soon DaybyDay. Love & gratitude coming your way...x
Peace
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby Drew48 » Sun May 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Are you ok insearchofpeace??? I cannot send you an email for some reason to your private email account? I am worried. Just let me know you are ok please. x
Better to have loved and lost....than never loved at all....
Drew48
Regular

Postby insearchofpeace » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Have missed being able to connect with other members here. Wishing I felt better equipped to help others at this time. Thanks for your concern Drew48, sorry for making you worry. Love to all. Peace
insearchofpeace
Regular

Postby cali » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Just to let you know I am thinking of you. Sending you strength and light.
cali
cali
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:38 am

Me too.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Previous

Return to Venting