understanding death by hanging

How does grief make you feel? Angy? Sad? Lonely? Afraid? Worried? Tired? Empty?

Re: understanding death by hanging

Postby cali » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:42 pm

caron, I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I lost my 24 year old son to suicide 6 years ago.This is a very, very difficult road to travel, please be kind to yourself. I don't know if this is helpful, but in response to your concern about the agony beforehand, many reports of "failed" suicide attempters state that once the decision is made, there is actually a state of euphoria, a lifting of all past concerns, and a feeling of enormous relief, as in their minds, a solution has been found. It has been reported that there can also be a kind of extreme tunnel vision, that the person can think of no one and nothing else at this time. I knew that my son was struggling a great deal, and I was not home, but he was. I actually felt his mood lift, when thinking about him, I cannot explain it, but we were very connected, and I was concerned about him and I wondered how he was doing... I felt him feeling relaxed and I felt a lightness about him that was vastly different from the way he had recently been. I was happy for him, wondering if he had fallen asleep and was finally getting some good rest. I did not know what was actually going on... perhaps your son too, was experiencing this state of relief from past agony, rather than the intensification of it that it is only natural to imagine.
cali
Supporting

Previous

Return to Venting