Help?

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

Help?

Postby Hawk » Tue May 19, 2015 4:46 pm

So its been 9 months since and my stress levels are piling. Does anyone have any advice as the 1 year mark approaches?
Last edited by Hawk on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”
Hawk

Re: Help?

Postby cali » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Just know that time will soften things eventually. It seems to take longer with suicide loss than other types of loss. One thing that has bee said here many times, and I've experienced too, is that the trepidation leading up to the anniversary is worse than the anniversary itself. Planning something to honor your mother and doing it on that day can be helpful. It doesn't have to be anything showy or grand, unless you want that. Just something that is meaningful to you.
cali
Supporting

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:35 pm

Hawk,
cali has good advice here. I did this without really thinking about it.
On the one year anniversary, I planted a tree I knew Rebecca would have liked in a huge pot. Its almost strong enough to plant outside in the yard next year. I took my time researching and finding one that I knew she would have enjoyed and picked a purple catalpa. She loved purple. =)
Also each year the family living near by gets together to spend the evening with each other.
When the tree is ready to plant outside I will get the family here to help.
July 1986 - Oct 2011. Whispering nightly. "Rebecca, I love you. I forgive you. I miss you. I will hold you again."
Jason

Postby Crisa87au » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:31 am

I would go to my uncles place to visit my Aunty & cousin whenever I felt like it was getting on top of me and it worked for a while. But I started to feel drained after being there so I started going to this beach that I knew he liked instead & I sit there & speak to him. Sounds silly but it helps me a little. Tomorrow is 12 months since I lost my Uncle & I too am scared. I have to work so hopefully it doesn't get too hard but after work I'm having dinner with my friends & using it as a time to share all the happy memories I have of him with them.
Crisa87au
Visitor

Postby cameliafl » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:01 am

Dear Hawk,
I think everyone definitely has their own ways of coping or rather ways to accept what has happened. But most importantly, just do what your heart tells you to. Do what feels right and comfortable to you. Stay strong :)
cameliafl
Visitor

Return to Coping