does it ever end?

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

does it ever end?

Postby Lisag » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:59 pm

My mom died almost ten years ago and I still have trouble coping with her suicide. Is this normal?
Lisag

Re: does it ever end?

Postby Blossom » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 pm

It's always there, isn't it? Sometimes the orbit brings it closer....and straining to lean away from it is counter-productive but I reckon it is natural to build up a bit of 'pressure' in resisting before letting the dam wall break and having a cry....or making some kind of resolve to try something new in approach or support of whatever. Hopefully, one tiny aspect is incrementally er....resolved or made peace with or something. Gosh....I read your post, but I am really replying to myself. I hope you don't mind.

I think it IS normal. What is not so evidently normal in our society is to receive public support to normalise this difficulty, this experience.

Bless you on this sunny morning in Oz. I hope that you have some peaceful moments.
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby Lisag » Thu May 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks for responding, Blossom. This year I'm experiencing what prisoners with life sentences must feel when it sinks in that they will never be free again. I have to deal with my mother's suicide for the rest of my life.
Lisag

Postby briansfolks » Sat May 09, 2015 8:27 am

Even if you can manage to forget for an instant and find some joy in the day or moment this grief finds a way to resurface. It just cannot allow you to find peace and joy for long. It is something that becomes routine, you laugh and then you feel guilty and sad again in a fleeting moment.
briansfolks
Regular

Postby sueredpred » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:45 pm

It changes just does not end. At almost 4 years in. I still wonder about so many things. Now I wonder about myself sometimes. But I try to keep plugging away. Some days are harder than others but I still try. Mainlyvbecause I know my husband would want me to go on, and enjoy life.peace sueredpred
sueredpred

Return to Coping