Today

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

Today

Postby cali » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:29 pm

My son's college friend called me, as soon as I said his name, the tears were there. It's been 4 and 1/2 years now. He had been asked the question "What breaks your heart?"
so he called me. I'm so glad he did.I had not heard from him for a couple of years. He's okay, but he was sad. I sit here in tears again, but it's okay, I guess. Those friends are amazing people. I love them. They loved my son. I'm not feeling very eloquent, but I wanted to share.
cali
Supporting

Re: Today

Postby Karyl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Cali,

Other people remembering them is evidence that their lives mattered. That's a special gift.
Karyl
Site Admin

Postby cmarie » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:29 am

Cali, that is just lovely. Made my heart soften. It's so good to know his life and loss are imoortant to more than just you.
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.
cmarie
Supporting

Postby cali » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:27 pm

Thank you both.
cali
Supporting

Postby Blossom » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Oh cali, I hear you! Your poor boy. And poor you - my heart goes out to you.

Sometimes I think we need so few crumbs of camaraderie, of heart sharing, to survive. Finding those crumbs or having them find us...as the years go by it's a long time between drinks. But the drink is sweet, no?

(Oh dear, what a terrible mix of metaphors...crumbs melt in drinks...I'm a bit rusty.)
Blossom x

If nothing else, give refuge to those in need.
Blossom
Mentor

Postby Cschwab » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:54 am

Your son made an impact in your life as well as in others' life. I hope you can feel the generosity of your son and feel the love. Life isn't fair but I pray you saw the positive in the discussion, Hugs to you
Cschwab

Postby cali » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Yes, thank you. He was indeed a very loving and generous person. Witty and kind too. He touched a lot of souls. Oh how I miss him.
cali
Supporting

Return to Coping