constant replay

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

constant replay

Postby Hawk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:27 pm

Im sure people deal with the news in different ways. Mine was a phone call. The last month ive had the phone call playing over and over again in my head like a broken record. How do people deal with this? Is there anyone else who has this problem
“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”
Hawk

Re: constant replay

Postby cali » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Hawk, I'm sorry this is happening to you, but its pretty normal. Reliving an extremely traumatic event over and over again is a common occurrence with ptsd, which most of us survivors have. If you can find someone who does EMDR, that can really reduce the frequency and the intensity of the memory. I know there are some books out there that give instructions for trying EMDR techniques on your own, but if you can find a professional to help you with it, that might be best. I wish you peace.
cali
Supporting

Return to Coping