My own way

For suggestions on what helps us cope after our lives have been affected by suicide.

My own way

Postby Hawk » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:08 am

every night I burn a candle in front of a photo of her sit down and talk. remember our trips together. i've yelled at her and broken down while I try to understand why. It's my own way of coping as like many people this is not a grief I have experienced before and do not wish to experience again. It has been almost 2 months and while I move along in life I try not to think about it in my daily life but it is always usually the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing before I go to bed.
“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”
Hawk

Re: My own way

Postby Hurt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:11 am

I understand Hawk. It's been a year since my father died and I still am constantly thinking about him. I hope this new counselor I'm going to see will help with that. I'm so focused on him that I have lost track of everything else in my life. So I think what you are going through at 2 mos. in is normal and a very sweet gesture in her honor. But if it gets too dominating like mine has please find help with it, I've wasted a lot of time just by being stuck this emotional hell.
Hurt

Return to Coping